What's new

Rca Drc8005n (1 Viewer)

RossHy

Agent
Does anyone own this DVD recorder? Or if not, do you know anything about it? I've been considering getting this, but I thought I would post on here to see if there are any major pitfalls with it.

Also, what DVD recording settings correspond to VHS? I guess what I'm saying is, what DVD setting matches a VHS EP setting quality-wise? Thanks.

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
1- RCA is french for junk.

2- The lowest quality setting is the one with the longest record time.

RossHy

Agent
I ended up getting this recorder, but now I've run into a problem. I put a disc in to record by timer on Tuesday. When I tried to take it out today, it won't come out. I pushed the open button, and three hours later the recorder still says "please wait". I've locked and unlocked the disc tray and also reset the machine. Any more suggestions? Thanks.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
This happened to an Apex player of mine a couple years ago. I just wound up prying the disc out and throwing it out.

The only other thing in case you havent tried is powering it down by unplugging it.

RossHy

Agent
I've run into another problem here. I'm in the process of converting some things over from VHS, and I'm trying to finalize the disc so that it can be viewed in other players. However, it won't finalize. I've selected it four or five times and it's not finishing the job. Any advice on how I can get it to work? Should I clean the disc or would that lose the data?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.