What's new

RCA DLP for $1900- Any opinions? (1 Viewer)

JamesOr

Agent
I'm shopping for a second widescreen tv and I'm trying to spend under $2000. I have a Hitachi 57" rptv in the basement and need something less bulky for the living room. I see Best Buy has a 50" RCA DLP for $1900(HD50LPW164) but I haven't heard much about RCA DLP's. Do they have a new model coming out in the fall to replace this one?

The Samsungs are just too expensive for me. The Toshiba's and Mitubishi's might be more in reach but I would have to get a smaller screen to keep it under $2000. What's the general consensus on RCA DLP's or this one in particular? I may not get it just because I haven't seen it at CC or Hhgregg and would hate to spend $2000 at Best Buy. I know I would feel sick afterwards. Thanks

Tim Jin

Supporting Actor
If you are going to spend 2k on a TV, I would not buy a RCA. RCA has a history of making bad TV's. I don't understand why they are so poor from the rest, but many people rate them below from the knock offs that are coming from China.

I would spend a little more and get something else like a Tosh or a Mits.

$2000 is too much for a RCA.

I hate to seeing anyone wasting their money on garbage.

Maybe that is why other stores don't carry RCA's. RCA has a poor track record.

Please look at something else.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I have to agree with Tim. I love the PQ at the store for most RCAs especially the Sceniums but design quality and control seem to be lacking judging from all of the reported ownership issues. Do a web search on any model you are considering. It may well be problem free...but odds are against it.

Also, the model you listed is HD3. Pay more and get something utilizing HD2+. You will not regret it.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
to put it bluntly...i think the rca's suck.

i work at part-time at bb, so i look at that thing several times a week. it has never impressed me and, as far as i know, we sold very few of them. also i think the one you're looking at is a clearance item ... so it's an old model.

if yo like dlp, increase your budget by about $500 and take a look at the new samsungs instead.

JamesOr

Agent
Thanks for the help. I pretty much already decided to try a different brand. It would take a pretty stellar deal to get me spending big $$$ at BB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks