Rca D52w15 Problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bruce Springs, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Bruce Springs

Bruce Springs Auditioning

Anybody have any idea why there would be a slight yellowish discoloration in the bottom right hand corner of both of the RPTV sets that I have gotten. Don't know if this is a common problem since it has been on both that I got. Thinking of exchanging this one too,unless there is an adjustment I could make. Can't be degaussed due to three separate tubes and I did a auto convergence on it.Any other ideas? Thanks for any help anyone could offer.

2. Bruce Springs

Anybody?

3. Harold Southard

Harold Southard Stunt Coordinator

Hello Bruce,
    Welcome to the HTF. The RCA's have had many issues. I was looking at them before I got my Pansonic. Here is a link to a forum that has a brand specific area. You will notic how many people are having trouble. If you have just got it and can take it back, I would. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Here is the link:
    http://www.hometheaterspot.com/htsth...t=&Board=UBB54

4. Bruce Springs

Thanks for all the help (not). This board has been no help except for one guy ripping RCA.

5. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

I had a 32" RCA vport TV and it had discolouration all over the screen..it had purplish haze on both sides of the set and darker areas on the bottom of the picture..I think that pretty much all RCA TV's have some issues..

6. Harold Southard

Harold Southard Stunt Coordinator

Sorry the truth hurts. I have owned several Rca tv's, stereos and I have an Rca surround sound system (hope to soon upgrade). That being said, their service sucks! It was not that bad 6-7 years ago. I had a problem with my RCA tv (sometime around 1994)and got a little run around but finaly got it fixed through the place I purchased it (not rca, they could not "find" any info on the model I had. It was BRAND NEW! It was a 26" floor model I had gave $1000 bucks for). The fact is you get what you pay for. As for this forum being no help, your wrong. I have found this to be the best forum for HT. I was only pointing out the truth and giving you a source for more information. No RPTV is perfect. They all have some issues now and then. It comes down to service, and RCA's service has went down hill (way down hill). If you would have bothered to visit the link I gave you, you would have been able to read MANY horror stories and even one guy tring to start a class action law suit against RCA. I have looked at the 55" RCA hd widescreen at sears. I have a good friend who work there. He had told me that of the few they had sold, several had been returned.

7. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Bruce, I have an RCA D40W20 projection TV and although I don't have the discoloration you mentioned in the corners, when watching HIDEF channels, I can see just the slightest yellow tint just to the right of my screen. This is only apparent when I am looking at really white images, such as Discovery HD Theaters latest show on the Arctic and looking at snow/ice patches. It is NOT annoying in the least and actually diminishes if I watch the TV for a long time. I am really pleased with the TV and have not had any problems with it at all.