1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

RCA big screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dewy, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Dewy

Dewy Auditioning

I bought a 52" RCA in 1992 have been very happy with it.
    Got home from work Mon. wife says TV is broke. Said she was watching it working fine then made a noise and went completely dead. Haven't had a chance to work on it yet.
    Anyone else had this problem. Or is this about how long this model should last.
    A friend of mine bought the same model same year I did.
    Two months ago his broke so he bought a new one said that's
    all the longer they last. Now mine quits working, that's kind of funny.
    Now if I get a new one, any reccomendations. Would get about same size, under $2500.00.
    Thanks,
    JZ

2. John S

John S Producer

10 Years or more out of any piece of equipment is excellent!!!

With $2500 available you should do lots of research, and certainly make the move to HDTV.

I was shocked with the amount of seemingly endless offerings of HDTV in every size imaginable under $2000.

3. Roger_R

Roger_R Second Unit

You know, they make TVs so that they crash after a certain amount of years. If they didn't people would stop buying them [​IMG]

10 years is pretty good for a TV from the beginning of the 90's. Btw, from experience I've found that a lot of those sudden-death situations is usually caused by bad soldering. Meaning that the heat inside the TV has made one of the solder-points(or whatever you call them) loose...

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Dewy, please post questions about RPTVs here in the Display Devices section. Thanks!