RCA 52" RPTV and pulldown

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MeghanA, Apr 12, 2004.

1. MeghanA

MeghanA Extra

I am planning on picking up a new tv this weekend, and after learning way more than I planned to about televisions, I have a question specific to the RCA D52W20 currently on sale at Circuit City. The only thing stopping me from purchasing this set instead of the 47" Panasonic is that I can't tell if it really does have 3:2 pulldown, which looks like is necessary to get a good picture from my Tivo. I have seen the specs on this system listed stating Yes to pulldown, No to pulldown, or simply not listed. Can anyone confirm or deny if it's there? I do plan to call Circuit City, but they aren't always the most knowledgeable about things like this (and it's their website that says "No" to pulldown.)
    Thanks for your help.

2. Wayde_R

Wayde_R Stunt Coordinator

Just thought I'd add my 2cents for what it's worth.

Consumer Reports current 2004 buyers guide rates RCA (HDTV's) with the highest incident of failure head and shoulders above all the other brands. Panasonic was second.

I forget exactly how the chart went but the usual suspects were the best. Sony, Hitachi, Mitsubishi. It just stood out that I won't be looking into RCA anytime soon.

3. MeghanA

MeghanA Extra

Hmm. I knew the Panasonic hadn't scored well for Consumer Reports, but all the info I've found from people who own them says they are great. The RCA gets much more mixed reviews from owners, but I didn't realize it scored worst from Consumer reports.
    After spending a good portion of the rest of today overloading my brain some more, I have decided to go with the Panasonic, for various reasons. Thanks for the help.
    Meghan.