What's new

RCA 52' question (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone!!!
I need some advise. My friend is selling me an RCA 52' mm52110 for $800 dollars(maybe lower ;) )
the T.V itself looks great, bought last year and paid $1800.
Any imput on this set will be greatly appreciate it.
Luis
PS,
This would be my first "big screen" so I don't know much about them. :b

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
I have the GE counterpart. It's a good set if you use something other than the internal tuner for tv. The tuner board in mine is intermittent at best. I only use Video 1, 2 and S-Video as viewing sources. If you have a VCR you can bypass the internal tuner if your set has/gets the same problem as mine.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Big point: How many inputs does it have?

Older TV's have jacks for Composite, SVideo so it looks like it can handle multiple sources, but in reality the TV auto-switches to the highest quality source. This is a problem when our equipment often is a mix of all 3 types.

Make sure the remote allows you to switch between sources and you should be fine.

When you get the TV home, let it settle in for a few weeks as the physical move will shake things up a bit. Then try the Avia or Video Essential DVD to adjust the brightness/contrast/colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks