RCA 52' question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luis Torres, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Luis Torres

Luis Torres Extra

Hello everyone!!!
    I need some advise. My friend is selling me an RCA 52' mm52110 for $800 dollars(maybe lower [​IMG] )
    the T.V itself looks great, bought last year and paid $1800.
    Any imput on this set will be greatly appreciate it.
    Luis
    PS,
    This would be my first "big screen" so I don't know much about them. :b

2. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

I have the GE counterpart. It's a good set if you use something other than the internal tuner for tv. The tuner board in mine is intermittent at best. I only use Video 1, 2 and S-Video as viewing sources. If you have a VCR you can bypass the internal tuner if your set has/gets the same problem as mine.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Big point: How many inputs does it have?

Older TV's have jacks for Composite, SVideo so it looks like it can handle multiple sources, but in reality the TV auto-switches to the highest quality source. This is a problem when our equipment often is a mix of all 3 types.

Make sure the remote allows you to switch between sources and you should be fine.

When you get the TV home, let it settle in for a few weeks as the physical move will shake things up a bit. Then try the Avia or Video Essential DVD to adjust the brightness/contrast/colors.