What's new

RCA 38" HDTV direct view? (1 Viewer)

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd point out that the owners manual for this tv is on RCA'a website for anyone who might be interested in all the RCA's features, menus, remote control & etc. Myself, even if I could afford this set I think I would wait because RCA is suposed to becoming out with FLAT TUBES!

Andy_A

Second Unit
Right, I think this is a great set- I work PT at Circuit City and we sell it for 2999. While this is a bit high, I still would give it a serious look. It seems at my work that I am always defending RCA products to my coworkers. Really, though, they're just a bunch of Sony brand fans, so it is no big deal. RCA does, however, produce a quality product, no matter what people say. The picture on this set is simply amazing, the internal line doubler is very good, and I'm not sure exactly why they were recalled and reissued. It seems that no one is. I would probably wait and buy one on closeout or even better, buy the new 61 inch HD RCA. That TV is spectacular. We've got it next to the slightly larger XBR and the Sony can't touch it. I've adjusted all setting on both of them. That RCA also retails for 3500- 500 more than the 38'! Check it out- the 61 is the set to own...
icon14.gif

------------------
"There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots."
-source forgotten

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard about this set having power-supply problems? The Good Guys from which I bought my WEGA says that all their 38-inch 16:9 RCAs have experienced power-supply failures.
The picture, though, from what little time I spent with it, did look impressive (after some tweaking, of course--it was in torch mode originally).
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks