RC Suburu WRX

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Oops, title should be Subaru....D'oh!

Anybody see this at Radio Shack:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=60-4348#

They have the '03 WRC Subaru WRX and the '03 Ford Focus rally cars available as R/C cars. I bought one of each for my nephews so they can race each other. For some reason the "SUBARU" on the windshield is "SUBAR" and missing the 'U'. I thought that was strange and the sticker doesn't look cut or messed up. I even checked the website, and in the picture that is expanded from above, it is clearly on the model the RS website uses!

Weird, I thought I would go and try to exchange it but looks like all of them might come this way.... Odd!

Too bad, they didn't have the Citroen, Peugeut, or even the Skoda... and too bad they're not really designed to go outdoors or on dirt...but should be fun gifts anyway.

Jay

2. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

It probably only says Subar, because the company didn't get the rights to use the actual name. This happens all the time. It's funny to go to a flea market and and see clothes from G.A.P. (as opposed to GAP), Echo (Ecko, I think), or NK (Nike).

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I was thinking what mark was, but the hood of the car clearly says subaru

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    There's a sticker on the rear windshield and that one is correct! The box says it's an official licensed replica too as well. Funny thing the picture of the car on the box has a correct looking sticker on the front. I'm gonna call them and have them check the other ones there...

Jay

5. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

6. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Seth, that looks cool, now if you can give me $269 for it, my nephew would thank you. [​IMG]

Jay

7. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

Jay,

You can get it for about $160, but that's only for the kit. You still would need a motor, servos, motor controller, battery and charger. I spend about $500 on mine when it was all said and done.

8. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Went back to RS after talking to a guy on the phone and the three that they have left all are wrong, so as I suspected, mine isn't unique. When I talked to the dolt on the phone I asked him to check and he said yeah, it's fine... I still didn't believe him but I had to stop by since it's right by where I shop for groceries. Sure enough, the dolt was wrong and they're all incorrect.

Jay