What's new

RBH (1 Viewer)

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
Not a knock against them but RBH TK series resembles a white van speaker design with the woofer on the side. While RBH gets good reviews on various forums the side woofer design has generally been marked as a cheesy, inefficient design thats a dead giveaway to a white van speaker company. In the past I have seen reviewers rail against this type of design but now it seems to be accepted. So I guess my question is why did they do it?

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Why did who do what? I dont understand your question.

Sidefiring woofers have been around for a long time and are quite common. Most speaker companies offer a tower speaker with a sidefiring woofer, generally in a higher end model. That is why the white van companies use them, to make them appear to be a high end product.

Example..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CTx8Tvu...lay=Polk+Audio

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Polk, Anthony Gallo, etc etc etc....

As long as the tower-speaer fashion is to be deeper than wide, side-firing woofers will remain.

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
Actually Jimi answered my question. Didn't realize that the higher end compnaies used the side firing woofer design. Now it makes sense that the white van companies would try and copy them to try and make themselves look better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks