What's new

Razzie Awards (2023 Edition) (1 Viewer)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
12-golden-raspberry-2.jpg

The “winners” of the 43rd Razzie Awards will be unveiled on “Oscar Eve,” Saturday, March 11, 2023.

WORST PICTURE
Blonde
Disney’s Pinocchio
Good Mourning
The King’s Daughter
Morbius

WORST ACTOR
Colson Baker (aka Machine Gun Kelly) Good Mourning
Pete Davidson (Voice Only) Marmaduke
Tom Hanks (As Gepetto) Disney’s Pinocchio
Jared Leto / Morbius
Sylvester Stallone / Samaritan

WORST ACTRESS
Ryan Kiera Armstrong / Firestarter
Bryce Dallas Howard / Jurassic Park: Dominion
Diane Keaton / Mack & Rita
Kaya Scodelario / The King’s Daughter
Alicia Silverstone / The Requin

WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF/SEQUEL
Blonde

BOTH 365 Days Sequels – 365 Days: This Day
& The Next 365 Days [a Razzie BOGO]

Disney’s Pinocchio
Firestarter
Jurassic World: Dominion

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Adria Arjona / Morbius
Lorraine Bracco (Voice Only) Disney’s Pinocchio
Penelope Cruz / The 355
Bingbing Fan / The 355 & The King’s Daughter
Mira Sorvino / Lamborghini: The Man Behind the Legend

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Pete Davidson (Cameo Role) Good Mourning
Tom Hanks / Elvis
Xavier Samuel / Blonde
Mod Sun / Good Mourning
Evan Williams / Blonde

WORST SCREEN COUPLE
Colson Baker (aka Machine Gun Kelly) & Mod Sun / Good Mourning

Both Real Life Characters in the Fallacious White House Bedroom Scene / Blonde

Tom Hanks & His Latex-Laden Face (and Ludicrous Accent) ELVIS

Andrew Dominik & His Issues with Women / Blonde

The Two 365 Days Sequels (both Released in 2022)

WORST DIRECTOR
Judd Apatow / The Bubble

Colson Baker (aka Machine Gun Kelly) & Mod Sun / Good Mourning

Andrew Dominik / Blonde
Daniel Espinosa / Morbius
Robert Zemeckis / Disney’s Pinocchio

WORST SCREENPLAY
Blonde / Written for the Screen by Andrew Dominik,
Adapted from the “Bio-Novel” by Joyce Carol Oates

Disney’s Pinocchio / Screenplay by Robert Zemeckis & Chris Weitz
(Not Authorized by the Estate of Carlo Collodi)

Good Mourning / "Written" by Machine Gun Kelly & Mod Sun

Jurassic World: Dominion / Screenplay by Emily Carmichael
& Colin Treverrow,Story by Treverrow & Derek Connolly

Morbius / Screen Story and Screenplay by Matt Sazama & Burk Sharpless

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
They should give the awards to Machine Gun Kelly. I bet he'd show up to accept. :laugh:

We watched Morbius this weekend and didn't find it as dire as many had reported. Not a great movie, but it kept us entertained for a fit-and-trim 105 minutes (unusually short for current comic book movies).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
They should give the awards to Machine Gun Kelly. I bet he'd show up to accept. :laugh:

We watched Morbius this weekend and didn't find it as dire as many had reported. Not a great movie, but it kept us entertained for a fit-and-trim 105 minutes (unusually short for current comic book movies).
I think Halle Berry showed up to accept for Catwoman.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Did Disney's Pinocchio even have a theatrical run, or are the Razzie Awards including straight-to-video movies now?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Interesting that Hanks gets a Razzie nomination.
He got two, Actor for Pinocchio and Supporting Actor for Elvis.

EDIT: Actually, Hanks got three if you also count the Worst Couple nom: "Tom Hanks and His Latex-Laden Face (and Ludicrous Accent) / Elvis"

Yes, some with a sense of humor and capable of self-deprication will show up to receive the award:
Paul Verhoeven was the first person to go to the ceremony to receive his awards for the movie Showgirls. Other recipients who have accepted their Golden Raspberry Award include Tom Green (Worst Actor/Worst Director), Halle Berry and Sandra Bullock (Worst Actress), Michael Ferris and J. D. Shapiro (Worst Screenplay), eight-time Oscar winner Alan Menken, Dinesh D'Souza, Fifty Shades of Grey producers Dana Brunetti and Michael De Luca. (from Wikipedia)

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Wow, Blonde takes a beating. I have not seen anything on the list except for Blonde and while I will say it was not a fun watch, I did not find it a bad picture. I have no desire at this point to see it again, but I think it did what it set out to do...which I grant was depressing.

To me, worst of the year stuff should go to big budgeted films that are lousy, because they give them the money, promotion, and assets they need to make at least a decent film...but often they still turn out a stinker.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Unlike other awards that are merely pointless, the Razzies are mean-spirited and pointless.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I've been looking at the list of pictures released in 2022 and the truth is, I've seen very few of them. So, in what I did see, I did not think it was a horrible year, but that is a very small sample size.

I guess right now the worst pictures I saw in 2022 were:

Don't Worry Darling- Just a lousy story where it felt like they were not sure what the hell they were doing. Harry Styles would get a nomination for worst actor.

The Gray Man - This may be the picture I least liked that I saw. They spent a massive amount of money on this, it featured actors I like, and man it was tough to get all the way through it. Took me two tries. I did not know what to expect from it so can't say it was a disappointment, just a bad film. Watch this and then watch Bullet Train and see the difference between someone that knows how to make an action movie and someone that has no clue. Also this may contain the worst performances I saw this year. Chris Evans is horrid and Billy Bob Thornton seems to know he is in a bad film and gives zero effort...so worst actor and worst supporting actor nominations for those two respectively. I would give worst director to the Russo brothers Anthony and Joe, some of the worst directing I think I have ever seen.

Halloween Ends - Just a kind of poorly thought out finale for the franchise. I mean, I don't expect much from these films and this delivered.

The Batman - I normally would not have even bothered with this. Pretty much totally forgettable and lousy plot. It just made me think about how tired Batman movies are at this point.

Glass Onion - I do not hate this picture but found it a major drop off from the first film. I guess this was my biggest disappointment of the year because I really liked the first film.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The people who pick these things just get a hard-on for certain flicks and all of a sudden everything associated with them is considered bad, regardless of whether it really is.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Don't Worry Baby - Just a lousy story where it felt like they were not sure what the hell they were doing. Harry Styles would get a nomination for worst actor.

Halloween Ends - Just a kind of poorly thought out finale for the franchise. I mean, I don't expect much from these films and this delivered.
Now that you mention it, I am surprised that both of these movies are completely absent from the list, particularly Don't Worry Darling. Is it possible to be snubbed by the Razzies? Don't Worry Darling would seem to be the stuff Razzies are made of: respectable budget, behind the scenes talent, huge promotional push, bad reviews, wacky movie, box-office disappointment, obvious choice. The Razzies always seem to have an actor they use as a punching bag, and Harry Styles would seem to fit their mold perfectly, but their punching bag for this year appears to be...Pete Davidson? Mr. Davidson had the audacity to do some voiceover work and make a cameo appearance, which landed him nods in the Worst Actor and Worst Supporting Actor categories respectively.

Correction/Edit: The movie is actually titled Don't Worry Darling, not Don't Worry Baby. Maybe that's why it didn't get nominated: confusion over the title split the vote.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I don't mind that they do these, I generally don't see the choices every year. My preference would be that they don't pick on small films that don't have much in the way of resources or actors we already know are bad and so you kind of expect a bad performance from them already.

I like the idea of using them to pick on big budget pictures that turned out terrible.

So, yeah, I like Tom Hanks, and I have not seen the performances he was nominated for, but he is the type of actor that should be nominated. If I were Hanks, I would want to show up to pick up my award.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The Gray Man - This may be the picture I least liked that I saw. They spent a massive amount of money on this, it featured actors I like, and man it was tough to get all the way through it. Took me two tries. I did not know what to expect from it so can't say it was a disappointment, just a bad film. Watch this and then watch Bullet Train and see the difference between someone that knows how to make an action movie and someone that has no clue. Also this may contain the worst performances I saw this year. Chris Evans is horrid and Billy Bob Thornton seems to know he is in a bad film and gives zero effort...so worst actor and worst supporting actor nominations for those two respectively. I would give worst director to the Russo brothers Anthony and Joe, some of the worst directing I think I have ever seen.

I haven't seen The Gray Man (yet), but to say that the Russo Brothers "have no clue" how to make an action movie is just...clueless. Even if you want to ignore Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is an outstanding action movie. That said, yes, Bullet Train is amazing, and David Leitch really knows how to make an action movie, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks