Ray's 'Apu' Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave B Ferris, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

Good news! Ray's 'Apu' trilogy is now available for preorder (for a Nov. 18th release) at Blackstar.

Also good news: the pre-release details show the three DVD's are being released by 'Artifical Eye', already known for a good reputation.

The three films, which I had to order separately, are:

Pather Panchali
    World of Apu
    Aparajito (The Unvanquished)

Is anybody else preordering these DVD's?

2. JohnN

JohnN Agent

I'm sure many are considering ordering, but some in region 1 may prefer to wait a little since other Russico region 2 dvds have been released in region 1 by either Kino or other distributors within the following year. Come and See and Solaris are recent examples.

JohnN

3. DonaldB

DonaldB Supporting Actor

JohnN, Ruscico doesn't have the rights to The Apu Trilogy, nor is it likely that they would they be intereseted in it as they specialize in Russian cinema. Sony has the R1 rights to it, and they seem to be in no hurry to bring this to us. The only Ruscico titles that Artificial Eye has ported are some Tarkovsky films.

4. JohnN

JohnN Agent

Thanks, Donald. I wasn't sure about that and knew that if I posted it, someone would supply a quick clarification.[​IMG]
    I quess I'll be ordering as well. [​IMG]
    JohnN