What's new

Raymond Cables? (1 Viewer)

AndrewLevine

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking into purchasing a sub cable for my DIY Quatro and came accross a sub cable on E-bay by Raymond Cables. It is there only Sub cable with a 'Y' splitter and retails for around $100, but i got lucky enough to pick it up for $30. Looking over details about it on the website, i saw this and was curious: "We use Belden Precision Video cabling rated at 3.0 GHz. This may seem a bit odd (it did to us), but this video cable transmits the bass signal better than any other cable we tried." I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this company or the idea of using video cables for the sub? (while i understand a lot of cables are very similar, i just compared it to bluejeanscable.com as the standard and wasn't sure how things stacked up.)

Thanks,
AL

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
It's fine. Who knows if the words are hyperbole or he just used some pathologically crappy sub cable for comparison. If it works, just move on.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
IIRC BlueJeansCable uses "video cabling" (may be Belden, too) for many of their audio cables.

AndrewLevine

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, that I didn't know. I have yet to test the cable because my DIY sub is not quite done- however the build quality of the cable seems great. I would never pay $100 for a sub cable, however for $30 this wasn't a bad deal at all.

AL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks