What's new

Rayman 3 (1 Viewer)

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know which console UBI is using for the "base" version of this game? I was under the impression that they were starting development on Xbox first and then porting, but the GC release day is a month earlier.

So, anyone know which version of this game is supposedly going to be the "best"? HD support is a requirement.

I can hardly wait, I consider Rayman 2 to be the finest platformer ever(yes, better than Mario64), and this new one is looking gorgeous. Even better, the MSRP on this is $39.99. I'd pay $100 for it.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty excited about this game as well.

I haven't heard much about which platform it was developed for first, although I have a feeling they were pretty platform agnosting in their development.

It comes out for PC, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and Gameboy Advance all within the same month or so.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... This may make me break down and buy a new console (that, and getting a new baseball game). I didn't like Rayman 2 quite as much as the original, but it's still a fun, nifty-looking series.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I haven't heard much about which platform it was developed for first, although I have a feeling they were pretty platform agnosting in their development.
The thing is, I must find out which one will be the absolute best because I cannot have my Rayman 3 experience diminished by even a fraction of a percent. The GC version is listed on EB as coming a month earlier, and I'd buy it if I knew it would be as good as the Xbox version. If there is even a tiny difference though, I'd feel dirty playing Rayman in less than perfect form.
Rayman 1 and 2 are still both in the top 5% of games visually(imo anyways) even this long after release due to the ultra clean graphics and gorgeous art design. I must have the cleanest, crispest experience possible.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The thing is, I must find out which one will be the absolute best because I cannot have my Rayman 3 experience diminished by even a fraction of a percent. The GC version is listed on EB as coming a month earlier, and I'd buy it if I knew it would be as good as the Xbox version. If there is even a tiny difference though, I'd feel dirty playing Rayman in less than perfect form.
I was the same way, I refused to play Rayman 2 on anything but the DC, expecting that would be the best version. Ubi didn't let me down.

ps Even beats the PS2 version IMO. 480p and more polys.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The GameCube version has a GBA-connectivity feature that is exclusive to that platform. Other than that, all 3 versions are identical AFAIK.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Morgan: Do you kow if it requires that you buy the game for GBA as well?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think it does. I read this either in a magazine or on a website, I'll see if I can find this somewhere.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
If you guys wanted to play the best looking version of Rayman 2, you should have played it on the PC. Imagine playing it with a resolution of 1024x786. The results are simply stunning.

Right now, I'm planning on buying the Xbox version. The only way that I will consider the GCN one is if it is in 480p.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Although I loved R2, I'm going to "wait and see" on this one. The addition of voices by Billy West and John Leguizamo is a horrible move, IMO. The gibberish voices in the last game were a large part of the charm. I just can't imagine Rayman speaking english, and I don't really want to, either.

-Dave

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
If you guys wanted to play the best looking version of Rayman 2, you should have played it on the PC. Imagine playing it with a resolution of 1024x786. The results are simply stunning.
At the time that Rayman 2 came out, I never found a decent thumbstick controller for the PC that was as good as the ones available for consoles.

Plus, a PC does not play easily on an HDTV. Plus, the Dreamcast version had anamorphic widescreen, not just 480p. And the DC version had bonuses, like the 4-player 'Globox Disc'.

No, the Dreamcast version was definitely the best Rayman 2 version. Higher PC resolution does not trump the hand of the DC version.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
I'm also really looking forward to this game. Right now it's a toss-up between the Xbox and GameCube versions for me (Xbox will probably have the best graphics, but the GC-GBA connectivity might be cool enough for the GameCube version to win out).

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I'm up in the air as well.

All I know is that this will have some kick-ass gameplay like R2 did and I'll enjoy it no matter what.

I'm in. Probably for the GC version as I won't be able to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks