What's new

Ray Bradbury Theater 5 DVD vs 6 DVD (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wondering if anyone has the 5 and the 6 dvd set for Ray Bradbury's Theater show.

Would love 1 extra disc to make the difference. I only have the 5 and it's disappointing but still so much fun to watch.

Thank you in advance.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Where was the 6-disc version released?

I've only ever seen the 5-disc version released by Echo Bridge back in the mid-2000s.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Doing some more searching, it appears this 6-disc version was originally released in Canada in 2011 by Alliance. The scan of the back cover of the 6-disc dvd cover on amazon, mentions Echo Bridge explicity.

I do have another title which was released by Alliance as a 6-disc set, which was previously released by Echo Bridge as a 5-disc set: Psi Factor season 3.

I checked the sizes of the episode *.vob files on the discs and compared the picture quality for both versions of Psi Factor season 3. As far as I can tell, it appears Alliance just took the lazy way out and just used the same files as the old Echo Bridge version and made new menus for their 6-disc version. Alliance was probably too lazy to make new transfers.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...reissued-dvd-sets.322475/page-16#post-4219618

If Alliance continued their lazy ways, most likely this 6-disc version of Ray Bradbury Theater is basically the same *.vob files as the older Echo Bridge version with different menus.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I didn't even notice it was Echo Bridge. Indeed bummed out. :( Thanks for everything Jcroy.

Maybe one day we'll get some good. Shout! should at least do a best of set. Those early episodes are classics. Just watched The Playground and Screaming Woman. Town where nobody got off is next. all classics.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
An even more lazy Alliance produced tv season set I have, is Lexx season 1.

As far as I can figure out, the layout and style of the Alliance released Lexx seasons 1 discs' menus exactly resemble the Echo Bridge menu format of the 5-disc Echo Bridge version of Psi Factor season 3.

Basically it appears Alliance just used the exact same discs as Echo Bridge with almost no changes for Lexx season 1.

(Alliance no longer exists. They were bought up by eOne back in early 2013).

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I had that 5-disc set but couldn't even watch it because the PQ was so bad. I traded it in hoping to see a remastered set at some point later. Guess I was dreaming.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The early HBO episodes are also messed with on that set IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks