What's new

Rawhide Further Releases? (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
With these delayed episodes, I can only wonder if these DVD sets ought to be re-packaged with the affected episodes re-shuffled to reflect original broadcast air date, rather than "originally intended to be part of this season."

For example, the "Abilene" episode could have been tagged to the fifth disc on the second volume of season 5, after "Incident at Alkali Sink."

This was not the only TV series affected by these changes: several episodes of Family Ties also did not air until much later, including a 1983 Christmas episode that was delayed for four years.

~Ben

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
This was not the only TV series affected by these changes: several episodes of Family Ties also did not air until much later, including a 1983 Christmas episode that was delayed for four years.

Why the delay w/that Family Ties Xmas show?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

~Ben

???

I’m pretty sure I remember watching “A Keaton Christmas Carol” in December of ‘83. It may have been delayed overseas, but not in the United States.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Several Family Ties episodes aired in later seasons than the ones they were filmed for. I don't recall that Christmas episode being one of them. They are on DVD in the air date order, not production. Alice is another show that delayed broadcast of episodes to latter seasons. The Warner Archive DVD's place those episodes on both season sets, production and air date.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
???

I’m pretty sure I remember watching “A Keaton Christmas Carol” in December of ‘83. It may have been delayed overseas, but not in the United States.
"Anniversary Waltz" (60582-035) was actually the delayed one... sorry about that! Six other episodes were aired out of their intended order:
"Designated Hitter" (60583-070, produced for season 3 but first aired during season 4 on 10/24/85)
"Return of the Native" (60583-071, produced for season 3 but first aired during season 6 on 3/20/88)
"Matchmaker" (60583-072, produced for season 3 but first aired during season 5 on 7/23/87)
"It's My Party (Part 1)" (60584-077, produced for season 4 but first aired during season 5 on 8/6/87)
"It's My Party (Part 2)" (60584-078, produced for season 4 but first aired during season 5 on 8/13/87)
"The Big Fix" (60584-084, produced for season 4 but first aired during season 5 on 11/17/86)

I would guess these seven "Johnny-come-lately" episodes probably made it on both the respective season sets: "Anniversary Waltz" on seasons 2 and 6; "Designated Hitter" on both seasons 3 and 4; "Return of the Native" on both seasons 3 and 6; "Matchmaker" on both seasons 3 and 5; the two-part "It's My Party" on both seasons 4 and 5; and "The Big Fix" also on both seasons 4 and 5.

~Ben

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
As to the Rawhide episodes aired out of intended broadcast order, in the case of "Abilene," when the time came for it to be out on DVD, the people at Paramount Home Entertainment couldn't make up their minds as to where to put it, so it was made available on both the season 4 volume 2 (originally intended for this season) and season 5 volume 2 (was officially first broadcast on May 31, 1963) DVD sets.

This also occurred with the following other episodes:
"Incident of the Roman Candles" -- some sources say this episode first aired on July 10, 1959, during the summer break between seasons 1 and 2, but others place the original broadcast air date as being September 25, 1959, only one week after the start of season 2. It was thus made available on both the season 1 and season 2 DVD sets.

~Ben

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
As to the Rawhide episodes aired out of intended broadcast order, in the case of "Abilene," when the time came for it to be out on DVD, the people at Paramount Home Entertainment couldn't make up their minds as to where to put it, so it was made available on both the season 4 volume 2 (originally intended for this season) and season 5 volume 2 (was officially first broadcast on May 31, 1963) DVD sets.

This also occurred with the following other episodes:
"Incident of the Roman Candles" -- some sources say this episode first aired on July 10, 1959, during the summer break between seasons 1 and 2, but others place the original broadcast air date as being September 25, 1959, only one week after the start of season 2. It was thus made available on both the season 1 and season 2 DVD sets.

~Ben

How many other shows had episodes repeated in their releases?

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper

¶ I really wish they could release a Blu-ray edition of the entire run because I can't watch my damned season 4 DVD sets because the picture quality is terrible!
¶ “Head'em up! Move'em out!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks