What's new

Rawhide Further Releases? (1 Viewer)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I sure hope so. I have been wondering about Rawhide since Gunsmoke and Have Gun Will Travel were revived.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If CBS/Paramount plans on doing some blitzing of titles, then in all candor I'd rather they unstall "Streets Of San Francisco", "Love American Style", "One Step Beyond", "Barnaby Jones" and "Love Boat" first. Although my appreciation of TV westerns in general is a lot greater than it was five years ago, "Rawhide" and "Bonanza" I have to admit I find rather uninvolving. Were it not for the fact that I wanted to see a guest shot of Julie London's from S3, I doubt I would have picked up any of it.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P
If CBS/Paramount plans on doing some blitzing of titles, then in all candor I'd rather they unstall "Streets Of San Francisco", "Love American Style", "One Step Beyond", "Barnaby Jones" and "Love Boat" first. Although my appreciation of TV westerns in general is a lot greater than it was five years ago, "Rawhide" and "Bonanza" I have to admit I find rather uninvolving. Were it not for the fact that I wanted to see a guest shot of Julie London's from S3, I doubt I would have picked up any of it.
Wow, Jack! I know not everyone on this board will always agree on things, but I'd say Rawhide and Bonanza are about as far apart as two westerns can get.

Gary "on the other hand, I would love to see more Barnaby Jones and Love, American Style - but Rawhide tops my wishlist of stalled shows that I want unstalled asap" O.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
That's nice news about Rawhide.
Looks like Rawhide will join Encore Westerns in January, 2012. We should finally be able to see all the episodes!

Wagon Train is starting up on Encore this January.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Chris, you misunderstood the comment about a missing episode. The final episode of season 4, "Abilene" was not included in the R4 set released recently. Although the Gianakos books do contain errors, he frequently corrected the errors in subsequent volumes. His knowledge of the shows varied, but often is quite good. They are still valuable reference works. As is the title Danny mentioned: Harry and Wally's Favorite TV Shows (BTW, their rating of Eastside/Westside is more than fair for such a mixed bag of episodes). If CBS is restarting stalled series, I'd much rather see The Streets of San Francisco get the nod than Rawhide (though the best and most interesting Rawhide seasons begin with S4).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddR2
Good news, Rawhide fans: season 4 is coming out 9/29/10 in Australia. Gary, I know that you'll be happy to hear this (unless your friend at CBS , uh, "crystal ball", I mean, has given you reason to believe that it's forthcoming domestically).
Todd, my crystal ball amazingly cleared up just today and I do believe I see Season Four of Rawhide making a reappearance on the scene.

Gary "of course we always have to keep in mind that the studios can change their mind, but right now I'm feeling good about seeing more Rawhide" O.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of CBS/Paramount series, I don't know if any of you get this new ME-TV national feed, but they are running CBS and FOX shows exclusively and my sources have told me that almost all of the shows they are airing are running complete and uncut. Among the shows they are airing which are either not on DVD yet or are stalled, are the following:

Beverly Hillbillies, Cannon, Streets of San Francisco, Dobie Gillis, Gunsmoke (both the 1/2 hours and color hours), My Three Sons (traditional syndication package without the first 5 black and white seasons & last season and a half), Bob Newhart Show, Petticoat Junction, Rawhide, The Untouchables, Stagecoach West, 12 O'Clock High, Big Valley, Bilko, Car 54, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Bonanza. They are also running The Odd Couple and it might be interesting to see when they get to the later seasons if the music edits are restored for broadcast. They also have Branded and Guns of Will Sonnett but those are the same cut 16mm transfers that Timeless released so we can't upgrade anything there. Also, among the shows which they have the rights to but are not on the schedule yet are Mod Squad, The Millionaire, The Rebel and Batman.

Many of these are either done on DVD or we won't see them come out for a long, long time. And others, like Dobie Gillis and The Millionaire, I don't think we'll ever see. So crank up those DVD recorders!

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
That ME-TV schedule looks like a haven for many shows. Unfortunately, my local Comcast does not include it (I put in the request). I do get what was referenced as an associated channel "THIS", which has helped me get all the Sea Hunt episodes, various of the later Mister Ed episodes (not all), and I'm currently working on getting Highway Patrol. The Sea Hunt and Highway Patrol episodes appear complete while the Mister Ed's are definitely cut. If ME-TV is anything like THIS then I would think many are of decent quality and uncut. Hopefully, ME-TV will get a good following and start showing up in more places.

S

silverking

Whilst we wait to see if CBS/Paramount decide to release any more 'Rawhide' episodes
the following may be of interest.

Saddle up for the first full-length account of one of the most authentic
and enduring western series in television history: Rawhide! Including:
* Foreword by Charles Gray
* Cast biographies
* Production details
* Summaries of all 217 episodes with broadcast dates, directors,
writers and guest stars
* 49 photographs
* Interview with frequent guest star Gregory Walcott
* Full index
'Rawhide - A History of Television's Longest Cattle Drive ' by David R Greenland.Published by Bear Manor Media early February.
£21.95

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm not seeing this book show up as anything other than a Kindle release (which I don't use and probably never will). I've visited both the US and UK Amazon sites but don't get an option for a physical book. Do you see a place where the physical book can be bought, Chris?

Gary "I'd be very interested in purchasing this" O.

S

silverking

I'm not seeing this book show up as anything other than a Kindle release (which I don't use and probably never will). I've visited both the US and UK Amazon sites but don't get an option for a physical book. Do you see a place where the physical book can be bought, Chris?

Gary "I'd be very interested in purchasing this" O.

Gary

Direct from BearManor Media.Just type this into the search engine for their website

All their books show up on Amazon usually a week or so after publication date.

Chris

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Chris! I really appreicate that. I'll head over to their site in just a minute. I've been waiting a long time for a good Rawhide book.

Gary "so you think if I wait out the release date it will eventually show up on Amazon?" O.

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Gary, you might want to wait until the release date to see if it actually comes out. Johnathan Etter's book on Banacek has been listed as coming soon for more than a year on their website, and a Kojak title was listed for quite a while before never materializing and subsequently being removed. Nothing against Mr. Ohmart or Ms./Mrs. Grabman, just noting that such things are not set in stone. If you see it listed at Amazon as being in stock, it's available.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Thanks Todd. I'll keep that in mind and wait until the book is actually released before ordering it.

Gary "hope we hear good news about a R1 Season 4 release soon" O.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The BBFC passed the second season of Rawhide last week, including a bonus third season episode. It is being released on Monday 11th April. There is also a pre-order listing up on Play.com for the third season with a release date of Monday 4th July.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The Rawhide book is available from Amazon.com now. I have mine already. Since I've yet to do anything other than quickly thumb through it I'm not going to offer any type of critical analysis.

Gary "hope we see this series get kick-started on dvd again sometime soon" O.

DanceLeen

Auditioning
Real Name
Arlene
Hello everyone! It's great to see there are other Rawhide fans who are also looking for the release of Season 4 and on. Thanks for linking me up with the book as well. Can anybody tell me if it's also an episode guide? I'd really love that. But at this point I'll take anything I can get.

If anyone is interested in joining up with a Rawhide lovers group at Yahoo here's the link http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Rawhide-II/?yguid=240684961

I've also created a Forum with everything RH including season by season episode reviews. It's not very active right now. Folks post once in a while, but I hope that all changes when Encore Westerns starts its run http://therawhidetrail.17.forumer.com/index.php?sid=1c3c908311d1ae95a2565373b8462937.

Leen

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
Madman Releasing Season 6 May 4th The Way Their Going The Whole series Will Be Out By The End Of The Year Hopefully.

mustang

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
patrick
Madman Releasing Rawhide Season 7 August 3rd Cant Wait, Only One To Go Now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks