What's new

RAW is WAR 01-07-02 Preview (1 Viewer)

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
So is everyone anticipating a HHH-Y2J match tonight or is the Game just going to do a lot of talking tonight? I think Raw starts with Motorhead playing, and the Game strolling out with Steph.

I can't wait!

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
Should be interesting... been waiting a while for him to return but i thought it would have been much longer considering the injury... even better question would be whether he will be a "face" or "heel"....

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
According to all reports, HHH isn't wrestling on TV until the Royal Rumble. I wouldn't expect much more than talk tonight. Plus, Y2J is supposed to be wrestling the Rock at the Royal Rumble. Still can't wait though. HHH is my favorite (active) wrestler, so can't wait to see him again.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
I am sure HHH will be a heel eventually, but with all the big hype of his return, he will be a face for the first month or so. Personally, I hope for a HHH vs Austin WM 18. If the rumour of Rock-Austin III is correct, that will be disappointing.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
From thesmarks.com:
"Seems you're expecting a crappy payoff on Monday. Can't say I blame you. Knowing recent WWF booking, two things will happen....
1) HHH won't show up until the last 30 seconds of the show, and then his involvement will be no more than standing at the top of the ramp with his hands in the air spewing water while....
2) The McMahons put themselves over once more, with the SHOCKING SWERVE of Stephanie joining back with Vince as they beat Ric Flair into a bloody pulp and JR yells, "OH MY GOD, THE MCMAHON'S ARE BACK TOGETHER! AND WHAT PART OF WILL TRIPLE-H PLAY!?" as the copyright notice goes up."
Seems like a pretty likely scenario to me.:)

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well, not exactly what happened according to the spoiler, but atleast we got to see a HHH pedigree on Angle. I hope Steph and HHH do something on Smackdown so we know where HHH really stands.

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, sorry, my bad. I should have clarified. That was NOT intended to be a spoiler. It was merely some guy's imaginary scenario. He was just making fun of that fact that a) the WWF never really delivers on this kind of hype and b) the McMahons always have to make themselves the center of attention.

That being said, the guy was pretty close because Flair did get beat down by a McMahon and HHH returned at the end of the show.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
My preferred location for wrestling spoilers is iow.com. They usually aren't too bad for accuracy. I will agree that Raw wasn't spectacular. Flair getting busted up was a good thing though.

I am concerned now that WMX8 is looking like Austin-Rock III. I highly doubt HHH will win the Rumble, that is Austin's match.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
My prediction is this:

Rock will beat Jericho at the Royal Rumble to win the title.

HHH will win the Royal Rumble.

Austin will somehow manage to get into the main event.

The WMX8 main event is HHH vs. Austin vs. Rock

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Travis,

A three face WM8 main event? Please God, NO!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope that does not happen.

Van Patton

Second Unit
Well. I think that is about the last straw for me and the WWF. The WWF writers could figure out a way to screw up ANYTHING. When writing this do they say.."Well, let's take fun and interest out of all our plotlines and recycle the old run in???" I swear to God this makes me sick. The WWF should surprise people once in a while. How awesome would it be if last night trips had come out and all of a sudden you hear a "Whooooo!" (No not Flair). Out comes the Wolfpac!! Big Sexy and Scott Hall with Xpac!

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Ah yes, go for the big suprise to spike ratings, even if it doesn't make any sense. Scott Hall and Kevin Nash are two of the most overrated wrestlers in history, at least since they left the WWF years ago.

Watching Triple Haitch soak up the cheers of the crowd (well-deserved) and then putting the pedigree on Angle was amazing. I was marking out big time. If you weren't, too bad. The WWF for once did the right thing with a big return.

Of course, HHH will be thrust into the storylines headlong on Smackdown!, which is as it should be.

HHH's return is good enough and doesn't need the inclusion of two has-beens for shock value.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Nash will be back soon, anyway. Then we get to watch Big Poochie stink up the ring again. Bring back Hogan and it will be just like WCW all over again.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
The Game returning all by himself was quite well done. I was surprised Steph wasn't there, but I am sure she will be back on Smackdown.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I can't believe no one has mentioned the worst excuse for a wet t-shirt contest EVER. Pink cotton t-shirts? Not only that, but I think those were Hanes Beefy-Ts! They were thicker than the sweats I'm wearing! :)
I was half expecting HHH to come out at the end of the Jericho match. You know they will push HHH as a face at first, only to do the (done a million times) HHH heel turn at a pay per view. WWF has been extremely weak as of late. I feel like I'm back in the 80's (complete with Billy and Chuck tag team).
I've liked HHH for a while and was amazed at the mass he had put on. He is huge! I guess that's what happens when you can only work your upper body for six months. YIKES!
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks