Ravenous ?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben_Hu, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Ben_Hu

Ben_Hu Agent

Is there an anamorphic version of Ravenous on DVD? I think there is two versions out there, one of them is bare bones and one of them has several commentaries, but I can't find information about enhancement. Thanks.

2. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Only in R2 and R4. The R1 version is non-anamorphic. The title was re-released at a lower price point some time ago, but not remastered.

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Stunt Coordinator

Bought this movie unseen for $10 Canadian (must have been the bargain deal refered to above). My expectations were low, as I have been burned with these bargain-priced DVDs in the past (ie. Young Tiger [​IMG] ). Must admit that I loved the movie and was impressed by the quality of the sound and picture. Definitely worth the price!

4. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Fox dropped the price to 14.99 recently, and it's a steal.

For being made during the B.S. period (Before Staddon), it has multiple commentaries, and a good amount of extras that are actually worth checking out. Image and sound are also quite good, though anamorphic would of course have been a plus. Great flick, and a mystery how such a good all-around disc snuck out under the nose of the evil Bill Mechanic and crew.

5. Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr Second Unit

Revenous was the first DVD produced by David Britten Prior. (He also produced Fight Club, Titus, Rocky Horror, Big Trouble in Little China, Die Hard SEs, Planet of the Apes, the eventual Pearl Harbor Vista Series, and Panic Room, which is in theaters in March.)