RAVA vs baby boomer

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by AjayRAV, Jun 25, 2003.

1. AjayRAV

AjayRAV Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,

I'm toggling between getting a RAVA or a Pinnacle Baby Boomer. Both have gotten great reviews as being musical subs, but the BB is significantly smaller. My listening room being 12X12 room opening into the kitchen area, would the smaller sub be adequate, if I can get it at $50 less than the RAVA.

Thanks in advance,
    Ajay

2. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

If size is the biggest concern then go with BB. If performance for the money is the biggest concern then I'd have to go with the Rava. That's also assuming you actually have room for the Rava.

3. AjayRAV

Thanks Brian! I do have place for the RAVA. However, given the modest size of my listening area, I would like to make do with a smaller sub. This is assuming that they are equally musical. If the RAVA is streets ahead in musicality (not 'boom-ability'), then this is a no-brainer and I will go with the RAVA.

Thanks,
    Ajay

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

The Rava is a great little sub. I ordered one for a buddy of mine about three months ago and he loves it. He uses it with a Denon 1803 receiver and a B&W 303 5.1 setup. It rocks for a budget rig. Music & Movies sound incredibly good in his living room setup.

5. AjayRAV

OK people,

The RAVA it is! Will be a substantial upgrade from my old Infinity BU2! Thanks again for all your input.

Ajay