What's new

Rattling TV cabinet (1 Viewer)

James Buhler

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Tosh 65hx83 and its plastic back cover is very resonant and will rattle like crazy with certain low frequencies. Has anyone else noticed this? Although the rattle cannot usually be heard above the program material, I am concerned that the rattling sound it a detrement to the overall sonic experience. I wonder if there is a way to stop the rattle with baffling of some sort and if I could get Tosh to pay for the mod as it seems to be a design flaw. My previous RPTV, a Toshiba as well, had a mdf back cover and the rattle was not an issue.

James Buhler

Stunt Coordinator
Just for anyone that may care......... I found a car audio product called Dynamat. This stuff is great! After applying the 1'X 3' sheets (4 of them) to the sides and back of the TV there is no more resonance! You can knock on the back of the cabinet to hear nothing more than a dull "thud" sound. Great stuff even though I didn't use it for a conventional application.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks