What's new

Rated Vs. Unrated: Sales Comparison? (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I know we've all been interested in Widescreen Vs. Fullscreen, but I wonder if anyone knows the comparison on these types of discs? I was just thinking about since we had Sweetest Thing and Van Wilder just announced for R/UR releases. Does anybody know the differences in how they sell? I confess that unrated is an attractive sales draw for myself. I've got Road Trip and both American Pies unrated.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
The term "Unrated" can be used very loosely. All studios need to do is throw in a new scene, not resubmit the movie, and apply an unrated label (as was the case with Pitch Black). Unrated comedies don't have too much appeal for me, but unrated action/horror movies that have never been seen before and were cut heavily upon theatrical release do.

I love love love my Unrated Robocop Criterion and I would pay HUGE sums of money to have the following titles released unrated (uncut) on DVD:

Total Recall
Friday the 13ths part 1,2,3,5,6,7,8
Hard Target

There are so many more, those are just off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation355
Recent bookmarks