rate this sub please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BradK, Mar 13, 2002.

1. BradK

BradK Stunt Coordinator

I recently bought Energy's Encore system minus their sub. My new wife had a Sound Dynamics THS-1000 that I have hooked up with the Encores. The salesman said its a decent sub, but I would like your opinion on it. I can find little info on it anywhere on net. I'm wondering if it's an ok compliment to the Encores in a 15ftx15ft room. Has anyone heard of it? It seems to sound kinda boomy to me, but I have yet to calibrate things yet. I'm wondering if I should start saving for a new one, or if I should have got the one offered in the Encore Package.

2. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Hello,

You're not going to know anything for sure until you get the system calibrated with AVIA or VE preferably (as opposed to your receiver tones). Then you will be in a better position to judge this sub and the blend.

I found a listing for the RTS-1000, 10 inch, 100watt, 25-150Hz. Can't find the HTS.

Paul

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    PLACEMENT! Move it around...try many different spots. Corner location will enhance bass, but can also make it boomy. If you have long enough cables put it where you sit and walk around the room and listen for the spots where the bass is the best, then try putting the sub there.