Rate My Ride

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Henry Carmona, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
    Yeah, i gave in to the temptation and posted my truck over at CarDomain.com

If you get a chance, head on over and rate my truck and sign the guest book.

Thanks!!

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Looking sweeeeeeeet Henry!! I'm not really into trucks but when I see ones like yours I can see why people love em so much.

Audio looks kickin too. I had Inf 6.5" References in my last setup and my experience wasn't so great. Next I plan to go for the real deal such as Focal or A/D/S components, but still powered by RF amps. Thinking about putting a sub or 2 in there?

3. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona
    Thanks Scott, yeah i need me a couple 12's. Prolly going to go with IDQ's.

Ill probably change out my components as well. The Infinity Kappas are just way too bright.

Im thinking some Polks with the silk tweets.

4. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I like it. You picked the right truck(Chevrolet).I like the white grill with the clears. I like the muddin pics. I'm not big into car audio but the out side looks great. What mods do you plan to do in the future?

5. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona
    Thanks David,
    Well, i need me a subwoofer for sure. I'm in the process of trying to get a Tahoe Z-71 bumper and lower air dam from a friend. Its paintable so i MIGHT go white on the bumper and bumper cap. The Tahoe air dam has round fog lights.

I might get an HD hood or aftermarket ram air hood.

Ill also be gettina 3" body lift and wider wheels, 10's to replace my 8's and maybe some 36" tires. All that will give me a slightly wider stance and ill be a bit taller.

I might go with headers and dual exhuast later also. Eaton will be coming out with their E-Locker early next year so ill have an electrically activated locking differential to play with [​IMG]

6. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

Really could have used that truck today to pull me out of the mud.

7. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona
    Buzz, that sounds like it worked out well for you. I have a factory console between my bucket seats so i cant do that.

I think JL or someone sells a small sub that goes under the consle and up into the storage there, but i will lose all storage space [​IMG]

I can place a box under my rear seats tho and use 2 10's or 12's, just costs money [​IMG]

IDQ's are about $200 a piece, the box about $100 and the amp upwards of $250 i imagine.

8. Jeff_Krueger

Jeff_Krueger Stunt Coordinator

If your handy with fiberglass you could make an enclosure yourself, that would maximize the space available in your truck. Even if you've never worked with fiberglass before it's not too hard and there are plenty of tutorials floating around on the various car audio forums.

9. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona
    Ive built my own boxes before so i may build one for under my rear seat, but there are many available and not that expensive really.

I do like the idea of customizing a box with fiberglass. You can make it any shape you like, but thats even more work.