What's new

Rate My Ride (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Looking sweeeeeeeet Henry!! I'm not really into trucks but when I see ones like yours I can see why people love em so much.

Audio looks kickin too. I had Inf 6.5" References in my last setup and my experience wasn't so great. Next I plan to go for the real deal such as Focal or A/D/S components, but still powered by RF amps. Thinking about putting a sub or 2 in there?

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Thanks Scott, yeah i need me a couple 12's. Prolly going to go with IDQ's.

Ill probably change out my components as well. The Infinity Kappas are just way too bright.

Im thinking some Polks with the silk tweets.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I like it. You picked the right truck(Chevrolet).I like the white grill with the clears. I like the muddin pics. I'm not big into car audio but the out side looks great. What mods do you plan to do in the future?

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Thanks David,
Well, i need me a subwoofer for sure. I'm in the process of trying to get a Tahoe Z-71 bumper and lower air dam from a friend. Its paintable so i MIGHT go white on the bumper and bumper cap. The Tahoe air dam has round fog lights.

I might get an HD hood or aftermarket ram air hood.

Ill also be gettina 3" body lift and wider wheels, 10's to replace my 8's and maybe some 36" tires. All that will give me a slightly wider stance and ill be a bit taller.

I might go with headers and dual exhuast later also. Eaton will be coming out with their E-Locker early next year so ill have an electrically activated locking differential to play with :)

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Buzz, that sounds like it worked out well for you. I have a factory console between my bucket seats so i cant do that.

I think JL or someone sells a small sub that goes under the consle and up into the storage there, but i will lose all storage space :frowning:

I can place a box under my rear seats tho and use 2 10's or 12's, just costs money :)

IDQ's are about $200 a piece, the box about $100 and the amp upwards of $250 i imagine.

Jeff_Krueger

Stunt Coordinator
If your handy with fiberglass you could make an enclosure yourself, that would maximize the space available in your truck. Even if you've never worked with fiberglass before it's not too hard and there are plenty of tutorials floating around on the various car audio forums.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Ive built my own boxes before so i may build one for under my rear seat, but there are many available and not that expensive really.

I do like the idea of customizing a box with fiberglass. You can make it any shape you like, but thats even more work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks