Ratchet and Clank:Up Your Arsenal....quite possibly Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sean Moon, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

My god this game is good. I had never played the older ones, but the reviews on this one made me take notice. I picked it up a few weeks ago and cant put it down. One of the most fun and hilarious games I have played. And with THE greatest weapon ever in a video game: THE QUACK O MATIC!

Sure, the other two had morphing guns to some effect(or so I hear) but this one is hilarious. It starts as a gun that transforms enemies into ducks. As the power of the gun goes up with use, the ducks start laying explosive eggs, then the ducks begin drawing enemy fire.....but the max level version of it turns your enemies into giant flaming ducks (complete with sharp teeth and red eyes!) that fly with you, and dive bomb enemies and explode into giant balls of fire and feathers. Now where can Halo 2 top a gun like that?[​IMG]

2. Fredster

Fredster Stunt Coordinator

I haven't gotten my "QUACK O MATIC" up to that level yet, I'll have to use it more.

The previous games had guns that turned enemies into chickens and sheep. The Ratchet and Clank series is great fun.

3. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

I love Ratchet and Clank (1-3), but I have to "take a break" from the series every so often because, quite frankly: it's digital crack. Each one is better than the last, although the jump from 1 to 2 was the most dramatic.

I hate the Fall months. Too many good games and not enough time to play them all.

s

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I'm a big R&C fan as well. These games are just plain FUN.

Haven't got the Quack-O-Matic yet in the new game. I just need a few more bolts and it will be mine. My fave so far is the gun that generates black holes that electrocute, then suck up your enemies - and then spit out the bolts!! Maximum carnage with minimum effort. Awesome!! [​IMG]

5. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

The Rift Ripper was my favorite weapon for a time. It isnt too effective against lots of the larger enemies, but most it does work. It is a great tool to use on Annihilation Nation though.

I just beat the game and going back through on Challenge Mode. There are mega guns for all weapons. They are of course, incredibly expensive. They also add a new weapon, called the RYNO(which I assume means RIP YOU A NEW ONE) which costs a whopping 3000000 bolts!!! Will be awhile before I can afford that though. Didnt take long to get the 1000000 for the fire armor late in the game, but I havent gotten those stages yet in the challenge mode, so it will be a long road me thinks.