What's new

Rat Race...One of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time! (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I have to admit I like movies, and I will even sit through a bad movie (and make my wife suffer through it sometimes) BUT my choice to go see the Rat Race Sneak Preview was one of the best guesses I have ever made when seeing a movie! I have never laughed so hard during a movie. At one point in time I was crying and I could not breath in or out and my wife was honestly concerned for my health!
I give Rat Race to be one of the funniest movies of the next 5 years.
Well, Tell me all about it when you go see it. I fully understand there are several people that have different tastes in movies, but this movie was taking a step back to really good clean (compared to today's humor movies) humor!
Please give your self a smile and maybe even a happy tear or two and go see Rat Race!
------------------
In Him,
GH
My Home
Theater

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
Its clean humour? What about the transvestites on the bus, that Cuba Gooding Jr. feels the need to scream about?
Although I don't plan on seeing Rat Race, I recently saw Rush Hour 2 which I really enjoyed. It was a fun movie and the theater environment was great (for once). In the previews there are a few comedies coming out that seem funny that are kinda like Rat Race. There's Zoolander and Big Trouble and although I despise Tim Allen, and can fathom no explanation for Putty to be sitting in the back of Allen's car and have it hit a goat, I will see it anyways.
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Jeffrey Welles over at Reel.com surprised me by saying this film is funnier than the original MMMMWorld. He's usually rather cynical so it took me by surprise.
Could it be that this film is really funny and that the trailers just make it look bad? I'm starting to take some interest, at least enough to pay attention to further reviews.

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
You know, this is weird. I downloaded a trailer a few months ago and thought it looked like the funniest thing. But the trailers you see t.v. are different, and basically make the movie look really lame. On the other hand, I applaud them for not ruining all the jokes in the new trailer - kind of a catch-22 for comedy trailers anway: how do you convince people your movie is funny without giving away the best parts? I am glad to hear the movie is a riot and plan on seeing this ASAP.

EugeneR

Second Unit
There is an article in TIME this week which says that this movie is an absolute riot and has been doing extremely well with test audiences. I had no plans on seeing it based on the trailers, but I think I will give it a chance based on the reviews.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I laugh every time I see that bit with Kathy Bates and the squirrels. It's on my schedule for this weekend.
M.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I reviewed it in the other RR thread a while back. I thought it was very hit and miss. There are some very funny scenes, there are also plenty of dumb, unfunny ones. It also features a huge clunker of an ending and was overall pretty unsatisfying. Of course on general principle, I can't really like a movie that uses both "Who Let The Dogs Out" and "All Star" on the soundtrack. I am prepared to Van Gogh myself if I have to sit through another movie that uses "All Star".
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...25
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks