What's new

Rat Patrol (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Just finished watching the first two episodes and my intial impression is that they look pretty good. Overall clean and sharp images with good colour although certain scenes - long shots mostly - tend to look soft and/or grainy. Audio is acceptable as well, so far I'm satisfied with this effort from Sony/MGM.
This first season release has four discs contained in two slim keep cases - two per case with 8 episodes per disc, totaling 32 episodes in all. They include an 8 page " collectible dossier" that gives some info with a photo of the principal characters - not much but better than nothing. Fans of the show should be quite happy with the quality of this show on dvd. Last time I saw this on tv I was around 11 - meaning the actual year it came out,1966, so I don't remember much after all these years except those two jeeps jumping over sand dunes.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Brent,

Thanks for the info on this series. I have it pre-ordered and I also don't remember much about this one except that, for me, it should be a sure bet because of the era and the type of series (I'm a Combat! fan fanatic so this one should be :cool: for me too).

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
I haven't gotten mine yet either. I just wonder if this is something that MGM had scheduled before being bought by Sony and if Sony will bother to finish it up with the last season.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I'm anxious to look this series over once again, and will be picking up the set. We used to have a local station that would air reruns of it during the weekend afternoons, whenever there was a spare half-hour in the schedule to fill. That was back in the mid-70s, and I really haven't seen it since. It should be interesting, seeing it again; I have an idea I'll enjoy it.

Mary_P

Second Unit
I'm really looking forward to this set. One of our local channels used it for filler after ballgames about 7-8 years ago, but that frequently meant seeing only the last half of an episode, maybe a somewhat more complete episode afterwards if there was time, and you never knew for sure when you tuned in if you were going to be seeing anything at all. Frustrating, to say the least. Glad to hear the initial reports that the quality's pretty good.

RandyAW

Grip
I want the second season of this even more then Black Sheep squadron.
I think they did a great job on the season one release.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
No news on season 2, but for anyone who missed out on season 1 initially (like me), Amazon has this on sale right now for $15.98 . . . too good a price to pass up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks