What's new

Rarity of Schindler's List DTS laserdisc? (1 Viewer)

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I'm trying to get my hands on one of these, and it seems impossible to find. Is it really rare, or do people not want to let it go once they've found it?

There's one on ebay right now with a less-than-perfect jacket going for $100, and there's still six days left in the auction.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Both I'd say. I got mine straight from DTS when they were having an LD blowout 2 years ago (or so).

But with the DVD coming up soon in 2002 (with DTS, may I add) I am severely tempted to sell off my LD and make some $$$ so I can buy more DVDs!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
$150+ is not uncommon for Schindler's List DTS - it's very rare and highly desireable. There are a few other DTS LDs that get good bucks, like Blade, Speed, one of the Alien movies, and some others. But Schindler's List may be the rarest.

greg_t

Screenwriter
And what will happen to the price of the dts LD once the dvd comes out? The price will bottom out. I would still rather have the laser, though. Just seems to me like LD is more true to the original intent of the film (especially in the soundtrack dept) than some dvd's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks