What's new

Rarest sitcoms of the 60s (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Any Farmer's Daughter fans here? I was a fan of Ms. Inger Stevens acting. She and Mr. Windom had some great chemistry. They did a "flashback" episode that was outstanding. I know everyone else today, would groan over its sappiness, but I enjoyed it.

--jthree

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
If you have a region-free DVD player, there's a great German release of "Mr. Terrific". The subtitles are removeable on it.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Any Farmer's Daughter fans here? I was a fan of Ms. Inger Stevens acting. She and Mr. Windom had some great chemistry. They did a "flashback" episode that was outstanding. I know everyone else today, would groan over its sappiness, but I enjoyed it.

--jthree

I loved THE FARMER'S DAUGHTER back when it was first run, even more than the Loretta Young movie on which it was based. Inger Stevens and William Windom did have great chemistry. And it was my first introduction to the great Cathleen Nesbitt, who was so good in things like AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER and FAMILY PLOT. Also, I recall that Inger's Swedish accent vanished as the series progressed. I would love to see that again on DVD.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy

--jthree
Really good choice.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

--jthree

Fun series, and as I've said elsewhere the only MAJOR Screen-Gems show of the 1960's not to see the light of day in 30+ Years.

Sony is too cheap to make new transfers for a serial with limited sales potential (TV & DVD) and 2/3rd in B&W. What is ironic is most of the network prints from the final color season going around collectors...are in B&W! ABC didn't want to spend the money to use color 16mm prints for the secondary affiliates (Except the odd exception) till 1967!

Users who are viewing this thread