What's new

Rare shows uncut on streaming services (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was on there yesterday watching Living Dolls, I thought Fish had been there but don’t remember seeing David Cassidy before.

Also I noticed most of the shows have a tag that says they expire at the end of the month.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm loving this thread! I'm a huge fan of Tubi/Pluto/Crackle and love finding these forgotten gems.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Do you think Crackle might get some WB forgotten shows from the seventies like Chicago Teddy Bears, On the Rocks, and the Cowboys?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Do you think Crackle might get some WB forgotten shows from the seventies like Chicago Teddy Bears, On the Rocks, and the Cowboys?
I guess anything is possible. A majority of their content seems to come from the Sony library. However, I checked Crackle on wikipedia and it does list Warner Bros. as one of their content partners!

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Interesting to know that Crackle currently has episodes of David Cassidy Man Undercover. Episode #5, "Flashpoint", is missing, and episode #4, "Deadly Convoy", is edited and runs only 46 minutes.

All ten episodes ran uncut on the Channel America network sometime around 1990 or so.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I downloaded Crackle (again!) and found some great stuff! The made for television movie Come On Get Happy: The Partridge Family Story creepy, campy and at times borderline unwatchable. The covers of the original songs were REALLY well done (their first LP was the very first album I bought!) even if all the actor portrayals weren’t.

Cannot wait to revisit The Powers That Be!

A5312CE0-CBE8-4AE7-9AE4-265C0B907D87.jpeg

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

Why, do you think WB ever remastered those shows from their original elements? I highly doubt it. None of these streaming services are paying for or doing new transfers. If a show is still sitting on 35mm film or 2-inch videotape and doesn't exist on a modern format, forget about it.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
IMDB-TV has seasons 5-11 of The Danny Thomas Show. All but season 5 are uncut and 4x3. The season 5 shows are the butchered 21 ones that came out on DVD years ago. Filmrise has season 5 complete but the aspect ratio is screwed up with black around all 4 sides of the picture. Oh and the last 4 episodes of Danny Thomas season 7 are encoded wrong as well. Filmrise also has seasons 2-4 of Joey Bishop Show coming in at 25 minutes. Not sure if that's complete as they should run around 25:30 from that era so maybe they are slightly trimmed or slightly sped up. Season one are the same badly edited 23 minute episodes that ran on Antenna TV.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I was on there yesterday watching Living Dolls, I thought Fish had been there but don’t remember seeing David Cassidy before.

Also I noticed most of the shows have a tag that says they expire at the end of the month.
Fish is new but the full run isn't up there. The first season is on the Barney Miller box set but I'll have to check out which second season episodes they have compared with my off-air recordings from ABC.

nortius

Auditioning
Real Name
nortius maximus
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes: All six seasons of Third Watch are now streaming on the Roku app for free. Only first 2 seasons ever came out on DVD, and the 9/11 tribute only aired twice before.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Another one I noticed is the Australian show, Adventures of the Seaspray, produced by Screen Gems.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Here’s an interesting and detailed examination of Bridget Loves Bernie and its failure to succeed:
https://thiswastv.com/2012/09/25/1970s-fun-flops-bridget-loves-bernie/
Totally disagree with his assessment. I don't care how good of a time slot a show has, it isn't going to finish at #5 in the ratings if it isn't any good. How come The Little People (another show I liked) followed the #2 rated show Sanford and Son, and finished 25th? His logic is bogus. CBS chickened out, plain and simple. It was a good show, although the later episodes they did try to tone done the religious aspects of the show a great deal.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
THE PEOPLES' CHOICE has surfaced on an odd TV channel. This one's called Classic Reruns TV. It's airing in Orlando, FL on a low power station. Looks like two or three times a day. Also running MY LITTLE MARGIE and a bunch of other mostly public domain stuff.
I love that show. Any idea if they have the full run or just a handful of episodes?

Tom.W

Second Unit
THE PEOPLES' CHOICE has surfaced on an odd TV channel. This one's called Classic Reruns TV. It's airing in Orlando, FL on a low power station. Looks like two or three times a day. Also running MY LITTLE MARGIE and a bunch of other mostly public domain stuff.
Thanks for that heads up, Harry! In addition to People's Choice, there's a bunch of rare stuff on that channel that hasn't run anywhere for a long time. Things like G.E. Theater, Schlitz Playhouse of the Stars, Meet Corliss Archer, The Four Just Men, Hudson's Bay and Ziv shows like Lock Up and Everglades. I like that they don't run the same shows everyday, which leaves room for more variety. A lot of it is public domain quality. Hopefully People's Choice and others will look decent.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Everglades is one of my favorites. I'm only missing 2 episodes. Half the run was produced in color so I'd be interested to see if they run any of those. All of my 16mm transfers are black and white.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Someone apparently got ahold of a batch of episodes of Men of Annapolis, one of the rarest Ziv shows. They thus far posted 16 of them on youtube with what they claim are more to come. In over 40 years of collecting, only a couple of episodes ever circulated. It was the Navy companion series to West Point.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Totally disagree with his assessment. I don't care how good of a time slot a show has, it isn't going to finish at #5 in the ratings if it isn't any good. How come The Little People (another show I liked) followed the #2 rated show Sanford and Son, and finished 25th? His logic is bogus. CBS chickened out, plain and simple. It was a good show, although the later episodes they did try to tone done the religious aspects of the show a great deal.

It makes me smile, when someone else remembers The Little People. How many remember that?
==jthree

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks