What's new

Rare shows uncut on streaming services (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I pulled out my Roku and found several series streaming uncut which never came out on DVD. Tubi has the last 3 seasons of Family and on Crackle I found Occasional Wife, Camp Runamuck, Gloria and a few others. The tricky part is that when the closing credits come up, an annoying message appears showing the next episode. You have to hit a back button to get rid of it so you get a snippet but its still a small price to pay to get complete and not time sped episodes. Crackle doesn't have complete runs but its nice to be able to get the episodes I can at their proper speed and running time as an addition to the ones we recorded from HA in the early 90s.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Not in the same category, but PlutoTV is running S6 and S7, at least parts, of The Beverly Hillbillies unedited/uncut. Considering the last time I saw them uncut on TV was the late 80's, it's certainly more rare than some of its counterparts. Some episodes are HD, some aren't.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Did the Rebecca of Sunnyfolk Farm episodes come out in seasons 6 and 7? They were my favorites. That and was it Herbie the Bear?
--jthree

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Did the Rebecca of Sunnyfolk Farm episodes come out in seasons 6 and 7? They were my favorites. That and was it Herbie the Bear?
--jthree
Both of those were in season 6. Herbie was the gorilla. Fairchild was the bear, and I'm not sure if they featured him or not in season 6. He figured prominently in season 7, including getting Drysdale arrested on the way to Hooterville!

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Crackle has some episodes of Jim Nabors talk show from 1978 and those are interesting to see.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I have been watching some of the latter seasons of Fantasy Island on Tubi. And Crackle has also added the animated Jeannie and Partridge Family 2200 AD series, too!

ArnieG

Auditioning
Real Name
Arnie
I pulled out my Roku and found several series streaming uncut which never came out on DVD. Tubi has the last 3 seasons of Family and on Crackle I found Occasional Wife, Camp Runamuck, Gloria and a few others. The tricky part is that when the closing credits come up, an annoying message appears showing the next episode. You have to hit a back button to get rid of it so you get a snippet but its still a small price to pay to get complete and not time sped episodes. Crackle doesn't have complete runs but its nice to be able to get the episodes I can at their proper speed and running time as an addition to the ones we recorded from HA in the early 90s.
Thanks so much for the Family info. I have season 1-2 dvd and thought I'd never see any more 😀

Tom.W

Second Unit
Also good to see uncut Dobie Gillis and Bridget Loves Bernie. At least the ones I checked on Crackle.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I had no idea Crackle had any rare shows on there.
Last time I looked t Crackle was when Comedians in cars getting coffee was in there.

Teddy Z
It’s Your Move

I’m getting the app onto my Atv right now.

Btw it’s only a handful of eps for many of these shows.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
How do you find this stuff, does anyone use JustWatch or ReelGood to monitor the arrival of this esoteric content?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Also good to see uncut Dobie Gillis and Bridget Loves Bernie. At least the ones I checked on Crackle.
Thanks for this information! I've been wanting to see Bridget Loves Bernie for decades, as I heard interesting things about it, but it never gets shown. Interestingly, it was a top ten show but CBS cancelled it anyway because of all the protests and hate mail. I just watched the first episode, it appears to be remastered in HD and widescreen. Looks terrific!

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The website proclassictv.com has many episodes of Celebrity Bowling and those are fun to see.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the heads up about Crackle. I had no idea they had a library of stuff I wanted to see but didn't wanna spend money on. The Fantastic Journey! I remember this being as mediocre as a show gets. I can't wait!

Ron1973

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Not in the same category, but PlutoTV is running S6 and S7, at least parts, of The Beverly Hillbillies unedited/uncut. Considering the last time I saw them uncut on TV was the late 80's, it's certainly more rare than some of its counterparts. Some episodes are HD, some aren't.
I'm going to quote myself again (I did it in The Rockford Files thread earlier). They're not showing S8 or S9, at least not yet. I just watched a handful of S4 episodes and the quality seems to be better than the DVD's. Obviously hi-def masters were made for the shows, and I'm guessing that Pluto is streaming HD. They are the same masters right down to the new CBS logo at the end; Donna's "Filmways" voice-over is still present for those. Oddly, though, the S6 and S7 episodes do not have the CBS logo and Donna's voice-over has been trimmed out as well.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I checked out Crackle and they also have:

* Burt Reynolds' 1966 detective series, Hawk (4 of the 17 episodes missing, all but one are time-sped (46 mins))

* The 1968-69 western series, The Outcasts (25 out of 26 episodes available, all are full-length (51 mins), un-sped episodes)

* Sally Field in the 1973-74 series, The Girl With Something Extra (a few episodes missing (including Episode 1), but apparently those that are available are full-length (25 mins) and not time-sped)

--all from Sony.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Crackle also has Melba, the short-lived Melba Moore CBS sitcom from 1986 that had the misfortune of premiering on CBS the same night as the Challenger Space Shuttle explosion.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I checked out Crackle and they also have:

* Burt Reynolds' 1966 detective series, Hawk (4 of the 17 episodes missing, all but one are time-sped (46 mins))

* The 1968-69 western series, The Outcasts (25 out of 26 episodes available, all are full-length (51 mins), un-sped episodes)

* Sally Field in the 1973-74 series, The Girl With Something Extra (a few episodes missing (including Episode 1), but apparently those that are available are full-length (25 mins) and not time-sped)

--all from Sony.
Which explains the missing episodes - Sony pulls whatever is sitting on the shelf - they don't go back to the vault and make new transfers.

Crackle is picking up the Sony-Controlled shows no one else is picking up. Sony no longer owns the service, they sold completely out to "Chicken Soup".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks