RARE Pier Paolo PASOLINI laserdiscs

Discussion in 'Media Classifieds' started by Rob Gardiner, May 29, 2006.

1. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

-

2. Rob Gardiner

Hello everybody,

I have the following 6 rare Pier Paolo Pasolini laserdiscs for sale, for $15 each. The films are as follows:

Accattone
    The Gospel According To Saint Matthew
    Love Meetings
    The Hawks And The Sparrows
    Oedipus Rex
    Porcile
    The Decameron
    Canterbury Tales
    Arabian Nights

All of these films have been released on DVD (either domestically or internationally) although most of the DVDs are currently out of print. All are from Water Bearer Films via Image Entertainment. All except Porcile are part of "The CinemaDisc Collection", which laserdisc fans will remember as a fine collection of foreign films.

All are in Italian with English subtitles. All except Accattone are in widescreen. To my knowledge, this is the only way Accattone has been presented on home video.

All discs are in excellent condition. All covers are in excellent condition, with no tears or creases, although some exhibit some shelf wear. (Hawks And Sparrows has the beginnings of splitting on the top seam, but this is cosmetic only.)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Many thanks,
    -Rob

3. Rob Gardiner

This thread has many views, which indicates there is interest out there, but they haven't been selling as quickly as I anticipated. Is the price too high? How about $15 each for the 6 remaining discs.