What's new

RARE Chance to See Best Years Of Our Lives in a CLASSIC Theater Lafayette Suffern NY! (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Wanted this to reach everyone so please cut me slack these are all on blu ray but WOW the chance to see The Best Years Of Our Lives on the big screen must be seen by all here! The GREAT Lafayette Theater Suffern NY
1646341133838.png

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think rather than the post itself, the problem is the title you gave it indicates absolutely nothing regarding what it's actually about. And it's not about Blu-Ray or UHD media, so it probably should be in the Movies section.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I think rather than the post itself, the problem is the title you gave it indicates absolutely nothing regarding what it's actually about. And it's not about Blu-Ray or UHD media, so it probably should be in the Movies section.
Thats what I was alluding to - the post is about getting a rare chance to see BYOOL on the big screen the film is on BLU afraid putting it in the Movies section would get a lot less views-sorry if my wording was crazy - sorry about it -

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
The film is on BLU of course I was pointing that and thought it would get more views here so more people would try to see it - been there for their Big Screen Classics 1,200 seats organ music 6.00 a seat on Sat morning! Met Bob Furmanek once there too! Even our beleoved Robert Osborne did a question and answer there a few years back before he untimely loss.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Wanted this to reach everyone so please cut me slack these are all on blu ray but WOW the chance to see The Best Years Of Our Lives on the big screen must be seen by all here! The GREAT Lafayette Theater Suffern NY View attachment 130107
Growing up, we all have memories of the classic movie palaces...over the top gilded, chandeliered decidence that went over the top of the heads of 6-8 yr olds, but in retrospect, the memories come back to warm the cocoules of our hearts. And connects us to the wonderful films we were able to watch and share with all the others in the theaters on those Saturday afternoons and Midnight Showing we all lived through as teenagers.
Mine was the Covina Theater in Covina CA. It still exsists, not as a movie house but a event center. They gutted the opulence for a more modern esthetic, sad but it is what it is!! At least it has gone on to have some sort of afterlife!!

Attachments

• City-of-Covina-CA-Citrus-Ave.jpg
    City-of-Covina-CA-Citrus-Ave.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Growing up, we all have memories of the classic movie palaces...over the top gilded, chandeliered decidence that went over the top of the heads of 6-8 yr olds, but in retrospect, the memories come back to warm the cocoules of our hearts. And connects ue to the wonderful films we were able to watch and share with all the others in the theaters on those Saturday afternoons and Midnight Showing we all lived through. Mine was the Covina Theater in Covina CA. It still exsists, not as a movie house but a event center. They gutted the opulence for a more modern esthetic, sad but it it what it is!! At least it has gone on to have some sort of afterlife!!
Legendary RKO Keiths in Flushing NY too -- but that was gutted and ruined. Lafayette Theater is great about 1hr a way on a Sat morning from LI and worth it. Saw Scrooge 1951, Mutiny On The Bounty 1935, Adv Of Robin Hood, Casablanca, March Of the Wooden Soldiers, Miracle on 34th Street 1947, The Ten Commandments, It's A Wonderful Life, Way Out West, Easter Parade, The Glen Miller Story, Swing Time and boy what a hoot even House of Wax in 3D!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Legendary RKO Keiths in Flushing NY too -- but that was gutted and ruined. Lafayette Theater is great about 1hr a way on a Sat morning from LI and worth it. Saw Scrooge 1951, Mutiny On The Bounty 1935, Adv Of Robin Hood, Casablanca, March Of the Wooden Soldiers, Miracle on 34th Street 1947, The Ten Commandments, It's A Wonderful Life, Way Out West, Easter Parade, The Glen Miller Story, Swing Time and boy what a hoot even House of Wax in 3D!!!
Yep!!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The film is on BLU of course I was pointing that and thought it would get more views here so more people would try to see it - been there for their Big Screen Classics 1,200 seats organ music 6.00 a seat on Sat morning! Met Bob Furmanek once there too! Even our beleoved Robert Osborne did a question and answer there a few years back before he untimely loss.

I’m happy the theatre is still open, barely, but I will admit I’m not happy with what they’ve done to it in terms of atmosphere. Seeing my 35mm booth trashed was especially heartbreaking.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I’m happy the theatre is still open, barely, but I will admit I’m not happy with what they’ve done to it in terms of atmosphere. Seeing my 35mm booth trashed was especially heartbreaking.
Looks like they dropped the masks Were you there for Robert Osborne? So sad I missed that

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Growing up, we all have memories of the classic movie palaces...over the top gilded, chandeliered decidence that went over the top of the heads of 6-8 yr olds, but in retrospect, the memories come back to warm the cocoules of our hearts. And connects us to the wonderful films we were able to watch and share with all the others in the theaters on those Saturday afternoons and Midnight Showing we all lived through as teenagers.
Mine was the Covina Theater in Covina CA. It still exsists, not as a movie house but a event center. They gutted the opulence for a more modern esthetic, sad but it is what it is!! At least it has gone on to have some sort of afterlife!!

I think it was located in EAST Covina.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I gave this thread a more descriptive name :)
And moved it to the right forum. Just cause one forum has more traffic than others doesn’t give anyone license to drop threads in the wrong one.
If you can come up with a better more descriptive one pm me and I will change it to that

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Many years ago, George Burns did a commerical and he mentions EAST COVINA. Everyone that lived in San Gabriel Valley knew there wasn't an EAST COVINA (Covina/West Covina)...that's the joke.:)
I recently went backthere after alomst 35 years and didn't regonise the place, it had grown so fast, all the landmaks I knew were gone, except for the park!! And the renamed Plunge pool!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Some great shots of those Grand Old Gals of the Golden Age of visiting the Movie Palace of your choice. When you actually had to dress up and make it a real event. As opposed to putting on your biggest pair of swaet pants and act like you're going to Walmart, LOL!! Most are gone, but others have been fully restored and preserved for future generatiions tp marvel at, in all of their gildered opulence and crystled elegance.
Please, add your favoites to the gallery...

Attachments

• 9-Glorious-Movie-Palaces-Still-Thrilling-Audiences-full-house-in-color-Alabama.inside.1200x776.jpg
    9-Glorious-Movie-Palaces-Still-Thrilling-Audiences-full-house-in-color-Alabama.inside.1200x776.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 60f6d40a827ac.image.jpg
    60f6d40a827ac.image.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 47
  • 58339103fe84063b78f06377_Panida_from-balcony-AllerGale-1920x1080px-v3.jpg
    58339103fe84063b78f06377_Panida_from-balcony-AllerGale-1920x1080px-v3.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Cadillac-Palace-Theatre-1-1064x640.jpg
    Cadillac-Palace-Theatre-1-1064x640.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 56
  • CRHKH3ewNxmKUQtYSxb2_1082141255.jpeg
    CRHKH3ewNxmKUQtYSxb2_1082141255.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 48
  • Decaying-Beauty-main.jpg
    Decaying-Beauty-main.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 48
  • e51d167bcf3c6ab84bf43cacc2f8f1a3.jpg
    e51d167bcf3c6ab84bf43cacc2f8f1a3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50

JSLasher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Steven Lasher
BYOOL is not only a classic film, it also boasts Hugo Friedhofer’s iconic (the most analyised in print) Oscar-winning music score, generally regarded as one of the finest for an American sound film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks