What's new

Rant - this one is bugging me... (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I am not picking on any individuals, but this one is a pet peeve of mine...
[rant]A sub produces BASS, NOT BASE!! I've seen this basically 5 or more times in just a few days.[/rant]
Mods, feel free to delete if inappropriate. :b

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Man, d'you see the baseball game yesterday? That guy stole so many BASSes, he should be jailed.

sorry, I'm bored at work, the corniness is up.

Marc H

Second Unit
I'm just about to head out for two weeks of bass fishing. Hope to get larger than 15" :)

Sebastian

Second Unit
Somethings wrong with this boys Madula oblaumgata!!!
You wouldn't happen to be related to a guy named Chris?

Anyone want to go base fishing?

John Royster

Screenwriter
Watch out for the elusive low bass. You can hardly tell by his markings but he's got a fully clabriated belly.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
While you're at it, there is no such word as "seperates" in the dictionary. The correct spelling is "separates." The same goes for lose, as in "I will lose my house if I don't make the payments, not loose as in "I have screw loose." :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yes, there was another discussion regarding grammatical and typographical errors on the After Hours lounge, specifically focusing on definately vs definitely, and a few other commonly misspelled words :D

Sebastian

Second Unit
your and you're that's a good one.
how about there, their, they, and they're.
Grammar errors on boreds (I mean boards) don't bother me. It is just a message board not a term paper!!! Loosen up a little.
Now what bugs me is when you can not understand the post.:b :D

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Another one I hate is the absurdly clueless confusion of "threw" with "through", as in "I'm threw eating dessert".

Doug BW

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, the "base" thing drives me nuts too. Another often misspelled HT term is "receiver" (not "reciever").

Also, let's not forget proper use of "its" vs. "it's" and "affect" vs. "effect".

aldamon

Second Unit
It's simple really. The spelling of ba"se" is similar to Bose. Since Bose cannot produce ba"ss", it shouldn't be hard to remember the correct spelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks