Rant- Stuck without phone or internet til MONDAY!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jesse Skeen, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Typing this at work real quick, since I can't at home- I tried getting online at home last night (DSL) only to find the computer wasn't getting any signal. I checked the phone lines and found that I wasn't getting any phone either. I asked some of my neighbors in the same apartment building and their phones were out too, and they had called the phone company and were told that it wouldn't be fixed until Monday- FIVE frickin' days. Finding that hard to believe, I set out in search of a pay phone that was actually in working condition- no easy feat. I finally did and reported the problem, and indeed was told that it might take at least until Monday before anyone could even come out and look at it.

This is just plain unacceptable. We're in the middle of the city, not like we're out in nowheresville. Since I'm without phone or email there's no way anyone can contact me at home. You'd think they'd put a higher priority on locations that are completely cut off from service. Does this happen anywhere else? I'm so angry that I'm thinking of getting a cell phone and dumping the regular phone service, and finding another way to get internet as well.

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Phew. Glad I use wireless for my phone and Cable for my internet. That does seem pretty outragious though. If the power company can get an entire county back online within hours of the outtage, surely the phone company can get a square block online sooner than five DAYS after an outtage.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Look at the positive; when you leave work sitting behind a computer screen all day, you don't have to do the same thing when you get home. [​IMG]

4. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer
    Supporter

Cell Phones are not all that they are made out to be. Depending on the location of the cell tower you can lose the signal just by moving to another part of the same room.

5. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Figureing you are in a large city like Sacramento, you must have a public library there, no?

Jay

6. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Hey, my bitching paid off- got home yesterday and they'd fixed it! I won't think about dumping them now.

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Until the cable goes out or you can't get cell service inside your home. [​IMG]

I never understood the cockiness of giving up land lines. I use both land and cell and couldn't be happier. Considering the crappiness of both cell and land, why would you want to deal with the headaches involved without a 'backup'?