What's new

Randy Travis concert DVD+Free DVD-audio disc (1 Viewer)

rin

Stunt Coordinator
I originally posted this over in the software section with absolutely zero response so I thought I'd put it over here in the music dept:
I've been a Randy Travis fan since I started listening to country music about 10 years ago. I really thought this was an amazing performance. The video is anamorphic and as for the sound, I think this is one of the best sounding concert DVD's yet. DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1 as well as a 2-channel track are all included on the DVD video disc. I thought the DTS track was more dynamic, with Randy and the boys coming out of the front three speakers and the surrounds used for ambience and crowd noise.
As good as the audio on the dvd video is, The DVD-Audio is better. It includes DD 5.1, as well as six channel and 2-channel high resolution tracks. This disc sounds like being there. The song list for both discs is identical.
I think Randy covers all his old hits as well as some newer songs. The only thing I can bitch about is that he does a medley of songs, some of which I wish he would have done full length versions. This is a great show!
Highly recommended!
rin
------------------
My Home Theater

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Rin:
Great to hear that this release--which I have had my eyes on since it streeted--sounds like such a winner. I've been a Randy fan since Storms Of Life.
Too bad music DVD releases in general and country music DVD releases in particular don't get more attention, huh?
You didn't say anything about George Bush, Sr.'s comments about Randy that I see teased on the box cover!
patriot.gif

Also, I thought it was interesting that, even though Randy is (was?) a DreamWorks recording artist, both the CD and the DVD release of It Was Just A Matter Of Time are Image Entertainment releases. I believe this is the first time Image has released a CD. I wonder if Randy (who owns the rights to the concert from the looks of the copyright text on the Amaray) was/is dissatisfied over at DreamWorks Nashville and therefore decided to license home vid distribution rights for this concert to a different company?
Cheers,
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks