What's new

Random Rumblings (1 Viewer)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I encountered an apparent acquaintance recently, and not only didn't I know his name, but I had no idea who he was or where he knew me from. I think I pulled it off with "so what's been going on?" He never said my name either. As we parted he said good seeing you again, and as I walked away I semi-jokingly mumbled to myself 'good seeing you for the first time.' He mentioned some names that I did not know. I really think he thought I was someone else, but I was cautiously going along to be polite. I've seen familiar people whose name I couldn't remember and played along before, but this guy was a total blank. Afterward I thought 'why didn't I just ask for more information' instead of just trying to get it over with. It wasn't until it was over that I realized we were probably complete strangers, but while it was happening my mind was reeling and I kept blanking. It was a surreal experience and left me in somewhat of a stupor for about 15 minutes - sort of like how people have described how they felt after meeting with the Men in Black.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
If the whole world revolves around you, you're not in Heaven, apparently. You must have gone to Hell.

Cees

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
When can we hope to expect SDHD? Super Duper High Definition

I'm thinking of skipping a format, you know, take a little break.

This new format may involve some sort of envelopment pod, so forget TVs, PJs and screens.

How much money are you willing to spend on your entertainment pod?

The pods will run on Ion Power (not really, but it sounds cool).

The image in the pod could appear to be as small as a closet or as large as the universe.

Image would be 360 degrees - front to back, top to bottom, side to side all around.

The image would only be matched by the sound, which would be extraordinary.

I'm really looking forward to someone inventing this.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Death came sniffing around today - I hit him on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Looks like the Amazon Prime big "Sale" was an epic fail.

Odds are though it did serve one purpose for Amazon, get more suckers to pay $99 for their Prime service just to get a chance to buy some crap they didn't need today. So yeah, this wasn't really a sale day, it was a recruit more folks for Prime Day.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Alf S said:
Looks like the Amazon Prime big "Sale" was an epic fail.

Odds are though it did serve one purpose for Amazon, get more suckers to pay $99 for their Prime service just to get a chance to buy some crap they didn't need today. So yeah, this wasn't really a sale day, it was a recruit more folks for Prime Day.

I bought something there last week that was $10 more today!

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I watched Saturday Night Live last night and decided I am ready to try being entertained by aliens.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Dr Griffin said:
I watched Saturday Night Live last night and decided I am ready to try being entertained by aliens.
I watched it last weekend and decided a root canal would be more entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks