What's new

Pre-Order Randolph Scott 12-Movie Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Who else might Sony through Mill Creek do a multi film release in the future? Columbia didn't have many stars under contract during the studio system. The ones that come to mind are Kim Novak, Jack Lemmon, Judy Holiday, Jean Arthur, and maybe Rosalind Russell. From "B' Westerns there was Charles Starrett, The Durango Kid .
I can think of Three ...
Three Stooges Face Palm GIF

(OK maybe five or more) that MC has already released on blu-ray ...

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I can think of Three ...
Three Stooges Face Palm GIF

(OK maybe five or more) that MC has already released on blu-ray ...
For some strange reason, THE THREE STOOGES IN ORBIT has not been released on Blu-ray. Mill Creek put out all their other features on Blu a few years back.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes true but there are several other titles that have not been released that could have been included instead. Sales for this most likely would have been better that way too. This would be an instant purchase for me but since I already have half of the titles and the list price is $75 for this I will not purchase it until it is heavily discounted down to $30-$35.

Sure, I'd love more Randolph Scott westerns on Blu as well. Seven Men from Now and Westbound the other two pictures he did with Boetticher would be wonderful. I don't think they are available to Mill Creek though.

Criterion should do Seven Men From Now and Warner Archive could do Westbound.

Last edited:

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
They should replace the Boetticher films with the following Sony-owned Randolph Scott Westerns:

-Gunfighters (1947)
-Coroner Creek (1948)
-The Walking Hills (1949)
-The Doolins of Oklahoma (1949)
-Ten Wanted Men (1955)
-7th Cavalry (1956)

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
Who else might Sony through Mill Creek do a multi film release in the future? Columbia didn't have many stars under contract during the studio system. The ones that come to mind are Kim Novak, Jack Lemmon, Judy Holiday, Jean Arthur, and maybe Rosalind Russell. From "B' Westerns there was Charles Starrett, The Durango Kid .

They could easily do one for Glenn Ford. James Stewart & Humphrey Bogart have a good number as well that haven't been released on Blu stateside.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They should replace the Boetticher films with the following Sony-owned Randolph Scott Westerns:

-Gunfighters (1947)
-Coroner Creek (1948)
-The Walking Hills (1949)
-The Doolins of Oklahoma (1949)
-Ten Wanted Men (1955)
-7th Cavalry (1956)
I'm glad somebody mentioned "The Walking Hills".

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
At a minimum, Nevadan and Stranger Wore a Gun are already iTunes HD. Has anyone seen these transfers?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
At a minimum, Nevadan and Stranger Wore a Gun are already iTunes HD. Has anyone seen these transfers?
All of the non-Indicator titles are on iTunes except "Man in the Saddle". However, at $12.99 per movie, it was a little too rich for my blood. I only got "The Desperadoes" on HD digital because Vudu had it only sale for $6.99. My thoughts on that particular movie can be found here.

Stefano B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stefano
Sure, I'd love more Randolph Scott westerns on Blu as well. Seven Men from Now and Westbound the other two pictures he did with Boetticher would be wonderful. I don't think they are available to Mill Creek though.

Criterion should do Seven Men From Now and Warner Archive could do Westbound.
Seven Men From Now would make a wonderful entry in the Criterion line (as would Tony Mann's The Naked Spur ;))

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Seven Men From Now would make a wonderful entry in the Criterion line (as would Tony Mann's The Naked Spur ;))
Agreed. The DVD of Seven Men isn't bad. I haven't peeked at the iTunes yet. Unfortuately, the best available version of Naked Spur is absolutely unwatchable. It looks like VHS.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I would love a Criterion release of Seven Men From Now. It would fit in with the collection quite well. Lee Marvin was amazing in this film. Along with the beautiful scenery and wonderful direction it is an amazing western.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Agreed. The DVD of Seven Men isn't bad. I haven't peeked at the iTunes yet. Unfortuately, the best available version of Naked Spur is absolutely unwatchable. It looks like VHS.
7 Men from Now's HD digital was on sale at iTunes for $4.99 back in October. I thought the video presentation looked fine.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
Columbia also did a lot of genre B films that I would love to see released. Complete collections for Boston Blackie, Crime Doctor, Lone Wolf, etc. would seem to be right up Mill Creek's alley. Then there are short subjects. Yes, we all know about the Stooges and to a lesser extent the Buster Keaton shorts, but we also have shorts with the likes of Andy Clyde, Harry Langdon, El Brendel, Hugh Herbert (woo woo), etc. that I would love to see.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
It's not a Blu-ray set but Via Vision has a 8 movie Randolph Scott release titled THE RANDOLPH SCOTT COLLECTION that includes movies owned by Columbia and Universal. I picked it up from Import CD for around $50.

It has THE TEXANS (1938), WHEN THE DALTONS RODE (1940), GUNFIGHTERS (1947), CORONER CREEK (1948), THE DOOLINS OF OKLAHOMA (1949), THE WALKING HILLS (1949) and SANTA FE (1951). The set also throws in the rarely seen Universal war film CORVETTE K-225 (1943).

Attachments

• 3888857-2649755.jpg
    3888857-2649755.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 30

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks