What's new

Randall and Hopkirk, Deceased (Original)...? (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I have the Volume 1 set of Randall and Hopkirk, Deceased that was released by A&E about a year or so ago. There were a total of 26 episodes produced (half of which are on this first volume) which means that a second Volume will complete the series...but it's been a while since this first release and I cannot find any word of another volume being planned.

Does anyone have the scoop on a Region 1 release of the rest of this late 60's-early 70's British series (which aired in the U.S. as My Partner the Ghost)...?

Anything?

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I just recently picked up set 1 and am enjoying it, but haven't seen or heard anything about a Region 1 release for the remaining 13 episodes. The entire series was released on Region 2 discs, so possibly we'll see the remaining episodes in the future. It's certainly a fun series to watch.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
It just seems odd that since only two releases would finish up the series they haven't gotten around to putting out that second volume. Though I guess the same could have been said about Twin Peaks for the past few years as well...

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I can think of a couple of instances where one season shows were split in two by A&E. Both "The Persuaders" and "UFO" were single season shows released in their entirety in split sets by A&E. However, "Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased)" and "The Champions" have only had the first half of their single seasons released. I wonder whether A&E struck some sort of deal whereby they had an option on the second half of these series, contingent on sales of the first half.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Just checking in again on this. I heard that A&E is no longer releasing BBC material. If not, then does anyone know who has the rights to Randall and Hopkirk, Deceased now? It would just take that second volume set to finish off the series...

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator
A complete series box set is out in Australia (Region 4) and a UK release is currently scheduled for late June if it's any help.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Actually, Randall and Hopkirk was an ITC production, not BBC, but you're right, A&E's licence to distribute ITC/Carlton material has expired: that's why they're putting a lot of their British titles on clearance.

Probably the best option would be to pick up a cheap player that can be made region-free and which also converts PAL to NTSC (such as most Philips models) and import the episodes from either Australia or the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks