What's new

"Rambo V" planned! (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
..and he seems to be back again.. (which is just great! :) )

Filmstalker: Stallone writing Rambo 5

"Through Metro Magazine and Moviehole come the very words of Sylvester Stallone himself:

“I would like to take Rambo to another genre,experiment a little with the character.It would definitely not be another warmovie, cuz I can't go any further with that than what I've already done. What it's going to be like I'm not going to reveal at this point. But I'm already halfway though writing the manuscript”"

Also listed in IMDB:
Rambo V (2009)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Sounds very interesting. Stallone is on a role as far as I'm concerned, I'm just glad he's back making good movies again.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I was referring to 'Rambo' and 'Rocky Balboa' in my post, both of which where good films.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Loved RAMBO. It was glorious. But it barely broke even at the box office and unlike ROCKY BALBOA, is considered a disappointment. So how will he get enough money tomake it?

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I'm sort of hoping they go the sequel/prequel route with this ala. The Godfather: Part II. Continue Rambo's story on how he's struggling to live in America after 20+ years away from it and intercut between a young Rambo being drafted in the Vietnam War led by a young Colonel Trautman.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
That would be cool David but Stallone did say he didn't want to make a "war movie", take that as you will. How about a hardcore revenge movie like 'Death Wish' - I could see the Rambo character working in that kind-of plot, it would be very different to what we've seen before but that's what Stallone wants.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
“I would like to take Rambo to another genre,experiment a little with the character.It would definitely not be another warmovie, cuz I can't go any further with that than what I've already done. What it's going to be like I'm not going to reveal at this point. But I'm already halfway though writing the manuscript”"

A nice romantic comedy! Can Rambo settle down and take on the challenges of raising a child?

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
, I´m sure Stallone will take the story more to the roots of the character (and the first film). Perhaps he´s killing some evil neo-Nazis or terrorists.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
On the RAMBO DVD Stallone talked about his original idea of having the character fight Mexican immigrants.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I loved RAMBO so much that I wouldn't mind another, if done well. But actually, Part 4 ended just right. So I'm pleased either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks