What's new

Rambo V (2019) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Did this bomb at the box office? It has a relatively high rating on IMDB.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought it just hit the theaters. Has it had enough release time to be called a bomb?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This was opening weekend and it's forecast is over 19M this weekend. The film was made for 50M.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
The violence is "over the top". Was this necessary? It's the kind of movie where you want to go home and take a long shower.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wasn't the last Rambo also very violent initially? I remember it was so violent that later they released an extended cut for the home release that was less violent.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And given the success of the John Wick franchise, that's probably exactly what they aimed for.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was cartoonishly violent in the last act, but I ended up laughing at some of the gruesome kills. Does that make me weird?

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I couldn’t help but think of Home Alone during the last act. Even down to the drawing he makes of his traps, the setup montage and then leading the bad guys through his playground.

Home Alone: Last Blood

It is what it is, a bloody Rambo movie and nothing more. I was entertained and that’s all I can ask for, something Ad Astra failed to do.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm a big fan of revenge films. I love the John Wick series. They're preposterous and over the top, but entertaining and fun.

Having said that, Rambo: Last Blood is the worst film I've seen in a long, long time. A 12 year-old could have written a better screenplay. I'm not expecting high art from this genre, but this makes the Taken films seem Oscar-worthy by comparison.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Still haven’t seen this yet, but from the comments I’m reminded of Shoot ‘em Up with Clive Owen. I doubt Last Blood is quite as satirical as that gem, but I definitely dig cartoony stuff!

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Saw RLB today and ..... ugh, one of the worst movies I've seen this year. Ham-handed acting, a nothing story, gruesome violence.

I'm a huge fan of the 1982 movie and admire Stallone generally, but i can't say anything good about this, other than it is mercifully short.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This movie needed another 30 minutes. Things went way too fast. I felt like I was watching the trailer for the actual movie. Nothing felt earned and at the end, nothing was resolved.
The brother was still alive with his gang. He just killed the first wave.

UPDATE:
After reading some stuff I found out that Victor Martinez did die. The movie is so fast and badly edited that I missed he died. How we are supposed to know that head is his brother!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks