Rambo V (2019)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Title: Rambo 5 ()

Genre: Action

Director: Adrian Grunberg

Cast: Sylvester Stallone, Paz Vega, Joaquín Cosio, Óscar Jaenada, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Yvette Monreal, Adriana Barraza, Louis Mandylor, Marco de la O, Jessica Madsen, Nicholas Wittman, Díana Bermudez, Sheila Shah, Atanas Srebrev, Aaron Cohen

Plot: Rambo teams up with a journalist to track down and rescue a group of local girls that have been kidnapped by a Mexican sex trafficking ring, after trying to settle down to a quiet peaceful life stateside at the family ranch in Arizona after spending decades abroad.

This is actually happening -- shooting is set to begin in September. And we even have the very first official poster:

G7Sx5sk.jpg

In the fifth episode of the franchise, when the daughter of one of his friends is kidnapped, Rambo, who has been working on a ranch, crosses the U.S.-Mexican border and quickly finds himself up against the full might of one of Mexico's most violent cartels.

http://www.deadline.com/2018/05/syl...take-on-mexican-cartel-in-rambo-5-1202383468/

90 minutes of Rambo striding along Trump's border wall, firing into Mexico with a minigun.

We can probably count on Danny Trejo showing up somewhere in this one, too. I don't think they'll ever top the last one, but I *DO* know that Rambo's going to decimate half of Mexico in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The end of the film will have Rambo feeling remorseful when he sees the million bullet holes on Trump's wall and decides to fix it with some spackle.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
You know a movie is insane when I think it's too violent. Needless to say, I'll check this one out and hope that they somehow make an even more reprehensible movie.
Yeah, I absolutely love Rambo (2008), but it's the perfect ending for the series. It was also Stallone's last chance to BE Rambo, like Rocky Balboa was in 2006.

He's in full-on mentor-phase now, hence Creed, but that doesn't really work with Rambo. Ohhhhhh...but what he could probably teach to a younger guy about how to murder people with a giant knife...

He could. And make it a Mexican kid.

Oh, man, the thinkpieces...

Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I was hoping this one would take place between 3 and 4.

I agree the last one ended perfectly with him finally going home. But the beginning made no sense. Rambo doesn't get pushed around by a spastic snake charmer like a chump.

I want to know he got from a peaceful life with the monks to a self loathing existence in a jungle slum.

And although it was a very violent film, the digital blood and effects, while maybe new at the time, were really distracting to me and it lessened a lot of the intended impact. It just looked too, I hate to say fake, maybe synthetic.

Not that I'm craving graphic violence, but it doesn't turn me off when it serves the story well. And the effects in 4 drew me out of the story.

The premise for 5 though (Rambo vs the Cartels) does seem like a great setup for a big dumb popcorn action movie.

Last edited:

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
This has become the most oddly titled series ever. So far we have:

First Blood - Great badass title for a movie!

Rambo: First Blood Part II - A bit cluncky, but kind of what you'd expect from the 80's.

Rambo III - Wait! Hold it! This is where it gets weird. Shouldn't it be called Rambo II: First Blood Part III?

Rambo - Okay, so is this a remake of the second one, bit ignoring that the first movie existed?

Rambo V - So they already skipped Rambo II, now they are skipping Rambo IV? Or is this a part of the remake series starting with Rambo (2008), but decided to skip to the fifth? *throws hands up in the air and walks away*

For the record I'm totally seeing this shit.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
And the director’s cut of Rambo is titled John Rambo.

I, too, look forward to Fifth Blood.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well, we're about to get the third film titled simply Halloween in that franchise even though in the chronology of the plot it's technically Halloween II, but at the same time is not really a remake of the prior Halloween II, so I don't think titles are much of a concern these days.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Not having the trademark Rambo long hair throws me, so it basically seems like Rocky is really upset about something. I'm sure when there is some acting vs action scenes the character will come through, but based on the teaser things seem off.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
rambo_last_blood_mess.jpg
Morrell wrote First Blood, the novel that introduced the Rambo character, which was later adapted into the 1982 film starring Stallone.

Rolling Stone summed it up as follows: "A franchise that started off with a sense of betrayal and righteous anti-authoritarian anger ends by parroting authoritarian talking points that betray what this country is about. Let this please be the last of its kind."

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks