RAM Cables?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Richard_T, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

While checking out some of the links given on this site, I came upon an ad for RAM cables. I have been looking for a DVI to HDMI cable for a couple of days so I thought I'd check them out. The price for this cable seems pretty cheap compared to what I've been seeing here in Canada from Monster and other makers even after the exchange.

First a little background: My HD satellite receiver has a DVI out on the back and my new Sony KDF-XS955 TV has an HDMI in on the back. I'd like to connect the two using this cable. Is this cable the one I need?

Has anyone ever bought a cable from these guys (especially from Canada)? What kind of shipping costs will I have to pay? Please have a look at the link and tell me if I'm ordering the right one.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI-hdmi_cables.html

2. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

oops, forgot to mention the part number is DVI2HDMI-6.

3. Richard_T

Richard_T Second Unit

wow, not a single response. Well, maybe someone can tell me if I will actually see a difference between the component cables I'm using now and a HDMI?DVI cable. Is it worth the money?

4. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

You should notice a difference due to keeping the signal in the digital domain. The cable you have chosen is the right one.

Sorry I can't help with the whole "how much it costs to ship to canada" thing.

As long as the cable you have chosen is the one with the gold ends($35) then get it. Whether the difference is worth the $35 is another issue for YOU and only you to decide.

5. ted*

ted* Agent

I was asking the same questions last week and I have went to a friends house that uses HDMI from his DirecTV HD Receiver. I unhooked his HDMI cables and hooked up my Monster Component Cables. The picture was still great however the HDMI took the noticable advantage.

Is it worth the money? I think so.
    Although I never purchased from RAM I read their names many times on forums so I believe they are reputable and I would purchase from them.

6. wally

wally Second Unit

Another HTF advertiser, Blue Jeans Cables, has similar prices and I have had very good luck with them. I'll be purchasing an HDMI-DVI and a load of other cables from them very soon.