What's new

Disney's Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018) (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I hope the movie comes off as more cohesive than the trailer suggests. It feels like it's practically plotless or an animated short that got stretched to 90 minutes.

I say this a a huge fan of the first one.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think it is likely that the film's actual plot might be being hidden, in the same way that the marketing for the first one smartly hid it awesome final twist. The stuff in the trailer is obviously the most easily marketable, but that doesn't have to mean it's the only thing the film has to offer. At least that's what I hope.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is confusing. (I was trying to figure out what the title-request was for, as it matches everything I find online currently.)

Thanks. Per the article I linked this morning:

Deadline said:
Title changes: Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet now is simply known as Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Since Disney just made the change this morning, and it's buried in news articles mostly about date changes, maybe it will take a while for IMDb to notice.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Disney has come to their senses and dropped the inane "Wreck-It Ralph 2" subtitle that the film didn't need, so it's just Ralph Breaks the Internet now. Could a mod update the thread title accordingly?

https://deadline.com/2018/07/indian...urns-dwayne-johnson-jungle-cruise-1202423959/

I think it's best--at least for a while--to leave the thread title "as is."

It won't hurt to have that bit of extra information tacked on the end. Some people who read the title for the first time might have a better chance of knowing what the thread is about and if they want to read it. And if they search for the thread based on the new title, they'll still find it.

Kind of a "no harm, no foul" situation.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Plus, most people are going to refer to it as Wreck-It Ralph 2 in conversation.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Fair enough.

I just like that Disney dropped the subtitle, since they were using the "2" as part of the subtitle and not vice versa and it sounded kind of weird.

As we discussed at the beginning of the thread, the obvious title if they want to keep Wreck-It in the title is Wreck-It Ralph Breaks the Internet.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ack. I saw the title changed in IMDB and edited here...and then saw the discussion about leaving it alone for clarity to those not up to speed on Disney’s flip flopping titles.

I put it back more or less as it was. Sorry for any momentary weirdness there. :)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've never missed a theatrical release of a Disney animated film, but this one may be my first. It looks like nothing but a Disney advertisement and the blatant product placement is just turning me off. What's next? An announcement that they will be holding off release while they add in advertising for their acquistion of FOX?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Again, I'm hoping that they're just marketing those parts because it's an easy sell and that there will be more going on in the actual film. The first Wreck-It Ralph was served really well by the marketing hiding the villain twist, which was memorable and surprising. Zootopia also cleverly hid most of the actual plot of the movie by focusing its marketing around the BMV scene. I'm hoping that will also be the case here.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gal Gadot is voicing a character:

As long as there's a Gal Gadot action figure made available...

1828f579ac34bb957634f4ef4a7ddd7b.jpg

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Gal Gadot is voicing a character:

https://deadline.com/2018/08/gal-gadot-buckles-up-for-disneys-ralph-breaks-the-internet-1202443693/

It seems unusual to announce this so soon relative to the film's release, especially because she is a promoteable star. Some sites are saying she is joining the cast like this is a new thing, but I presume she ha been recording it for a while and it is only being announced now.

Anyway, glad to have her on board.

Given that the voices actors are recorded first and the animation done around that - I'd say that's a virtual certainty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks