What's new

Ralph Bakshi' s FIRE AND ICE (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

That freaking rocks.... I would love to have a copy now!!!! signed too...man that is icing on the cake.......

R~

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
any reviews on this yet?
I had a hard time finding this at best buys & circuit city, but found it at tower records the week after release.
I havent had a chance to see it all yet. just glanced at certain scenes

Med

Stunt Coordinator
Is there just one release of this title - the 2 disc set that contains the Painting With Fire doc?

I was hoping for a single disc release because I already have the Frazetta documentary on its' own DVD.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
dirt from the negative (inherent in the original cels).
Not to be additionally picky/anal but how is this truly contradictory or unclear? The original cels had dirt, this was photographed and therefore is part of the original negative, the intention of the statement makes perfect sense to me.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yes I understand that but the intent of the statement is more than obvious, to argue the literal details seems more than a bit nitpicky when what they meant is fairly clear even if the two joined descriptions are technically different, that's all I'm saying.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Excellent copy, superb picture, color and sound, and I'm glad the specks are still there.

Looking forward to watching the 90min Frank Frazetta doc on disc 2.:emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well, honestly I wasn't really asking you as much as I was just pointing out my take on it being reasonably clear what he meant....but it truly is a moot point now anyway as the disc(s) are out for all to see....or not as the case may be. :)

About the Frazetta doc, this is the same doc that was released in a two disc set a little while ago, right?

Joe:C

Second Unit

Yes.

I listened to a little of the commentary on the documentary and at one point they reference "outakes on the second disc". I'm assuming this is the same commentary from the previous 2-disc set.

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
Somebody said that there was a one disc version of Fire & Ice. I dont see it, only the 2 disc. I too would've just liked a one disc since I already have the Frazetta doc (thought it was great). There are other movies named Fire & Ice and they're not the same as this one. I hope that AB releases a one disc sometime.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
It seems to me that BU announced a single-disc version back when this first was announced, but I don't think it ever actually happened. I've not seen it listed anywhere as available for purchase, in any event.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
It's not even listed at Blue Underground's site and they usually list 1 & 2 disc sets separately.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
Kind of like how they mentioned they'd release single disc versions of Dead and Buried and Two Evil Eyes. That was way back in 2003 and they're just now going to release the single disc versions this October. Basically, what I'm saying is don't hold your breath for this single disc version to show up.

Joe:C

Second Unit
The 2-disc set is listed as a "limited edition". There is supposed to be a 1 disc version released at some point, but I'm not sure when.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

Huh? I bought the single disc BU version of DEAD & BURRIED at my local Best Buy... jeez, around a year ago? And a single-disc Blue Underground TWO EVIL EYES was in the store at the same time.

Vincent

Jesse Blough

Second Unit

Really? Huh. I never came across them. I just mentioned the October thing because that's when Amazon.com is getting the single disc versions in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks