What's new

rally fusion impressions (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Just picked this game up today, as i love racing games, and wanted a new one to go alongside rallisport. alas, about 2 hours later, it has been traded in. I had high hopes for this one. not that its the worst ive ever played.. there are some courses with really cool graphic effects (the ice course).. but the control is so twitchy and wipeouts and flips occour WAY to easily. I find it hard to believe that this game could be fromt the same coders as Moto GP. If it is i guess everyone is entitled to a dissapointing title every now and then. Keep in mind these opinions are from a die hard rally (and racing in general) game fan. You may love it. If you have doubts after reading my thoughts, by all means rent it first. Just thought i would give you the heads up. Take care...

EdR

Second Unit
Yeah, I've had it just over a week, and am still trying to decide whether to keep it (I have until this Friday).

I really didn't have a problem with the controls per se, but the car handling is odd. One thing I've read in a few reviews is to wait until you unlock the Class B cars before making a final decision. I did this, but that was right before I got Metroid Prime, so I haven't been back to RF yet.

I'll give it a go with the Class B cars and see if it works out any better.

Despite the fact that it looks better, I don't think RF measures up to V-Rally 3, which has wonderful realistic physics. VR3 is a hard game, but the physics are predictable, so you learn as you go. RF is easier, but the handling seems random at times, you lose control when it seem you shouldn't.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
thats actually what tore it for me... car filps out of control soooo easy.. i want the game to be challenging yes.. not cheap.:)
has collin 3 come out for the box yet? If so, how is it.
also, mods, can you delete the other thread that has the same topic this one does.. not sure why that happened. thanks. :D

EdR

Second Unit
has collin 3 come out for the box yet?
Not in the US. I'm still not sure what date is right, Codemasters says Dec 3, all the retailers pushed the date for the PS2 and Xbox versions back to March. Then recently EB moved the date for the Xbox version up to Feb...

I'm assuming that Codemasters is the final word, except that it's really the distributor that determines the date. So, I'm crossing my fingers that it shows up Dec 3rd.

I'm REALLY looking forward to CMR3, and then it's WRC2 which, according to the first review I've seen is better than CMR3.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Whoops, there must be a duplicate thread here, I just posted this reply in the other one:

Thanks for the impressions. They seeem to echo what most other people are saying about the game. As a fan of racing games, I'm eagerly awaiting Colin McRae Rally 3, as Codemasters usually do a nice job on the handling physics.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
yeah. hopefully collin will be one to add to my collection.. has there been any info on the next rallisport that was going to be online? hopefully will be a new game not just one with added online capability.

DwightK

Second Unit
Need a wheel for my xbox bad..

Is CMR3 being delayed to change it from the euro release to reflect that CM is driving for Citroen now? Just wondering how the licensing issues are being dealt with considering the Ford/Citroen/no Nicky changes. That would explain the large delay from euro.

No why WRC2 isn't being sold over here is beyond comprehension. Just not Fair!

EdR

Second Unit
No, I read somewhere that the licensing was set and nothing needs to change to reflect Mcrae's move to Citroen, the game is designed around the 2002 season...and he's a Ford driver for a few more weeks.
I suspect they may have delayed the game to avoid launching too many rally games at once (Fusion, V-Rally 3, Shox [I know it barely qualifies], and even Pro Rally on the GameCube) - a glut that could cut into sales. That's just my theory.
Why the delayed the PS2 version more than the Xbox version is a mystery, since both are out in Europe.
WRC2 is coming to the US, a guy from Evolution Studios posting on the official WRC forums guesses it will be here in Feb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks