Rallisport Challenge or Moto GP?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Okay, guys. I don't want to start a war here, but I thought we could start a discussion on racing games. Which is the preferred game: Rallisport Challenge or Moto GP (XBox by the way)? Later.

Rob

2. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

How about you buy MotoGP and if you don't like it, I'll trade you Rallisport Challenge for it [​IMG]
    I've never played MotoGP but I have RC and it is a pretty kickass game. The graphics are amazing and its fun sliding the car around in every corner, but it doesn't seem like the racing game for me. I like to be in the middle of a pack racing with other cars and with this game, 99% of the time you're racing against the clock, without other competitors in your view. I guess it depends on how you like to race. No need to worry about graphics or the feel of the game...everything with this game is great, if you don't mind racing against the clock instead of other cars.

3. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

I'll vote for Rallisport.

But the demo I played (off the OXM disc) of MotoGP has me thinkin' this crotch rocket racer is the next racing game on my "to buy" list.

But if you wanted a safe bet - RSC all the way. Best racer available for the Box right now.

4. Edan W

Edan W Stunt Coordinator

My vote goes to Rallisport..

I'm not a huge racing game fan either but I rented RC because of all the great comments I'd heard. After a couple of hours, I was hooked and ended up buying it.

5. Fred Bang

Fred Bang Stunt Coordinator

Rallisport by far. The graphics are amazing and it's a lot of fun. I can watch the replays over and over.

6. ChrisV

ChrisV Second Unit

I'm going with Rallisport as well.

7. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Rallisport i would say overall. but dont get me wrong.. Moto GP is surely a must buy. VERY fun.

8. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

I liked MotoGP much better. I thought the graphics were a little better, and I really liked the gameplay. It also doesn't hurt that I like motorcycles.

9. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

For all of those recommending Rallisport over Moto GP, I'm wondering what point of view they are using in Moto GP. I found in the third person the game was easy and boring. But switch to first person cockpit view and the game becomes brutally hard, and much more enjoyable. You really feel like you are one with the bike and the weather effects are second to none. Rallisport is a great game, but I prefer Moto GP. But only on a second inspection as my first experience with the game was blah.

10. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

MotoGP puts you "in the cockpit" and requires mastery of the controls, tracks, and timing to succeed. Rallisport offers much more fun from the get-go, but the thrill of getting 1st in MotoGP is much more satisfying. Own both if you can; own Rallisport if you're a casual racing fan; own MotoGP if you feel like putting in the hours of practice.

11. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

[​IMG] Get both. Then you can be like me. I find both games pretty hard to put down once I start playing and they are both lovely to look at. I think Moto GP slightly edges out Rallisport Challenge in the graphics (less jaggy) and sound effects departments (hear the thunder roll baby!!) but they are both fun as hell to play.
    However, if you feel the need to race amongst other competitors then Moto GP might be more for you since as others have already said RC is mostly racing against the clock and the track. Moto GP has you going back and forth jockeying for postion with 19 other riders so it's more involving in that sense. RC can be hard as hell sometimes and so can Moto GP but they are worth it.
    Also, Moto GP seems to have more replay value based solely on the amount of unlockables such as a cel-shading look to the game, bikes, riders, outfits, and a wire-frame mode and more. If you play a lot of single player and are looking for a game that will last you a long time then I have to go with Moto GP. Get both. [​IMG]

12. Ed Brunelle

Ed Brunelle Extra

Considering Dinner & a Movie is $75 to $100 - these two games will last a lot longer...

Of course bribing the wife is still costly...