Rallisport Challenge movies

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bjoern Roy, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Hi folks,
    Rallisport Challenge is probably my most anticipated title on the XBox. Hell, probably my most anticipated title ever on anything [​IMG] I LOVE racing games and powersliding in a good Rallye simulation makes my world go around.
    Here are all 6 new videos of Rallisport, for those interested. Fortunately, only a bit of clever filename analysis was necessary to get access to all 6 instead of only 2 from IGN [​IMG]
    All of them are sensational, but the 3rd is just too much ... Look at the reflections in the snow during the drift with the sun in the background. The use of specularity mapping on top of bump mapping makes the snow look breathtaking. The subtle and not overdone lens flare effects are the icing on the cake. The course in movie 5 is also amazing...
    Oh what the heck, just see for yourself:
    Movie 1
    Movie 2
    Movie 3
    Movie 4
    Movie 5
    Movie 6
    Anyone as excited about this as me?
    Have fun!
    Bjoern

2. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

Looks nice...

Do you know if this game has a widescreen mode?

3. Dean Cooper

Dean Cooper Supporting Actor

This game is on my must have list [​IMG] I can't wait to play it.

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Very Impressive! A definite purchase for me when it is released in the states.

5. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Sorry Andrew, i don't know. I have another question. All the previews mention a 4-player mode, but not one mentions whether that only means split-screen or also a LAN mode. I would love to play this with several XBoxen linked.

Anyone?

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

It really does look nice. As I posted in that other thread...somewhere, I've been a fan of these guys since Motorhead (which had a few visual tricks up it's sleeve back in it's day too). One thing about D.I.C.E.'s racing games is that they are always fun. That's something that you can't say about all of 'em.
    BTW Bjoern, with that first name & a passion for rally racing, are you a Scandinavian? Just wonderin'. [​IMG]
    -Dan

7. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Oh Man, this looks GREAT! That is the most impressive looking X-Box game I have yet seen. It looks like it never drops a frame even with all of that detail and that seemingly endless draw distance.

It just HOPE it has a widescreen mode (which should be a standardized option on all X-Box games IMHO).

8. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

COOL! I just pulled this quote from an interview on teamxbox.com with Peter Wong, the Program Manager/Producer for RalliSport Challenge:

9. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Yes this game looks very promising.

It's nice to see the potential of the XBox starting to be utilized.

The next wave of games should be great!

10. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

Video 3 made the game look great right up until the two cars hit each other. In WRC's, cars very rarely see each other let alone hit one another. But, I'll give them the benefit of the doublt. It could have been in arcade mode.

11. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Donnie, there are multiple racing modes in the game. Head-to-head stuff may not be a part of the real WRC, but it's available in the game seperately.

After viewing all of the movies, it's pretty apparent that this game is very similar to their previous rally game, Rally Masters. I have a copy of that one for sale, BTW.

-Dan

12. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Here are some new links for this game, which has apparently been finished & ready to go for at least several weeks now.
    -RC game manual download from Xbox.com (Adobe acrobat file)
    -"Official" Forum at Team Xbox website - does have some people from MS/DICE responding to feedback
    -Just another screenshot
    -Preview at C&VG.com
    -Movie from above preview link
    -Just one more thing. Peer, the guy that single handedly made the IGN Games site the most popular on the web, says that this game is great. I always trust his opinions. [​IMG]
    -Dan

13. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

The release date for the game has been moved up to March 7. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I continue to hear good things about it!
    -Dan
    was powersliding the first time he stole "borrowed" his mum's Volvo