Raising Arizona Collector's Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kelly N, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

I was wondering if anyone knows if a spec. ed. of Raising Arizona is in the works? If not , any suggestions on where to write or who to talk to to let it be known that there is a demand for it ?

I believe that this is probably the film that introduced many of us to the Cohen brothers, as well as a number of the actors involved. It remains one of my top ten films of all times and I, for one, would love to have a new OAR transfer, remixed soundtrack, commentery by cast and Cohens, and behind the scenes stuff, deleted scenes, gag reel, and the like.

So first, does anyone out there share my interest or am I way out in left field on this one ? And second, how do we / I get a grassroots effort started and directed properly. The Willy Wonka OAR would say that there can be considerable power in groups like this and I'd love to get the ball rolling.

2. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

On the last Fox chat, I believe that a Raising Arizona Special Edition was mentioned as a possibility,
    Perhaps next year, when Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink are released on DVD.
    "Son, you've got a panty on your head!" [​IMG]

3. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn

4. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

Excellent news on the re-release in mid-2002. But who should I write to to encourage them or make requests ?

5. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Kelly, posting here or in the studio feedback forum is probably one of the best ways to get in contact with Fox. Fox has is really good when they give a date for titles coming soon. If they said mid 2002 that is when you will get the re-release. It would be nice to see every title sooner but Fox has a release schedule to keep balanced as well as time needed to gather any supplemental materials and put the final package together.

J

6. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent