What's new

Rainbow six 3 online, what am I doing wrong (1 Viewer)

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Before I take the disc and melt it down maybe someone can tell me why R6 3 is an exercise in futility.
I have tried all of the weapons and they all seem horribly inaccurate. People seem to dance around reloading weapons, unloading entire clips into each other before someone dies.
This game seems awful to me. I have tried to play on several occasions even after having an incredibly good DSL line installed so I doubt it is my connection. I also can't see blaming laggy servers since I have tried many over many different days.

Leo_P

Second Unit
RB6 3 has a problem with "bullet detection", IMHO. I love the game, but it is frustrating unloading a clip into someone and nothing happening to them OR shooting someone who's leaning around a corner SQUARE IN THE FACE and nothing happening.
In this game you'll do well to go SLOW and keep your enemies as far away as possible. It sounds silly but the further away they are the better your chance of getting kills. If you get into CQB, chances are you'll be doing the "dance of death", where you go around in circles emptying magazines at each other 'til someone drops.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Thx for the reply, at least it confirms I'm not the only one. I can't understand why so many people like this game online at this point.
Wolfenstein had the dance of death a little bit but not like this. It's really silly to see two guys moving around and even reloading.
I think I'll throw this game in the trade-in pile.
Another thing I have noticed is that the host usually wins which could indicate serious latency problems that affect the outcome of the game.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
The host winning thing is something everyone says happens for online games. Ive played a ton of R6, hosted R6 and i can tell ya for sure the host dosnt always win. As for the Close quarters combat. I agree that sometimes its like your unloading a ton of clips into someone. However the game is still a ton of fun. The game is meant for close quarters but the only time the unloading clips happens if your right on top of the person. Otherwise i havent seen any problems with the game. Its a lot of fun and it takes pratice to aim , move and so forth.Dont give up

capt

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I keep thinking that I need practice but I can't seem to improve in the aiming department. Most games seem to show improvement in a short time but this game does not seem to offer an educated system on how to properly take someone down with the exception of some luck or an exact head shot.
Maybe I am expecting something more like Ghost Recon, or maybe that should just be the game I stick with.

Damien

Supporting Actor
it's basically go for the head or nothing.. It isn't worth trading in though, it's the best FPS on live by far. Most maps are really fun(besides the horrid DLC) but you should stick with it. II personally prefer Socom 2, because of the wider levels and varied gametypes.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You talking PC right? I agree about the bullet detection, blooming reticules suck and are so unrealistic, especially in the case of RB6 3. I never seen a modern FPS game so damn jumpy in my life. The only thing that's keeping this series alive is the authentic weaponry choices and the way you are able to plan out and customize your team attacks (extremely cool feauture btw).

I get the most fun picking off people from far away with a Dragonov/thermal or G3A3/mini scope. Any close quarter level and I have to choose the M60 and release the full clips into doors, busting them open. :D

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
So head shot or nothing? I'm going to give it another go. I appreciate the high skill level that may be required here but I think only aiming for such a small target makes it more tedious. I also agree with Scott that the game is pretty jumpy. That's why I like Ghost Recon because it is pretty smooth and very accurate. a couple of shots and the guy falls. In Rainbow 6, the action is faster, the graphics are better, but for me coming from FPS games like Quake 3, MOHAA, UT, and a few others, this one just doesn't feel right. Maybe if I had a mouse and keyboard that would make a difference.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I just played a few more missions/levels/servers and I can see what people mean about really aiming for the head but the game is just so darned incosistent. I think I'll stick with Ghost Recon and wait for GR 2. I really want to like Rainbow 6 but it just isn't there.

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
Also, while you are moving... your aim will kinda suck... (hence the drawn out death dancing)

When I play- the the first thing I try when I encounter someone is to stop/duck/aim for head in one motion... then fire away (short bursts!)

The other player will often try to run around, dodging while shooting. They will hit me less since their aim is bad while moving...

hope it helps,
--kyle

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
If I am ten feet from someone and I have a machine gun I guarantee you they are going to be sprayed with bullets. R6 is just not very realistic in that sense.

Users who are viewing this thread