Rainbow Six 3 coming to the X-box along with Ghost Recon......

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Romier S, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Geez, this has been a busy week for the box. Another game announcement. To read more go here (you have to be an insider unfortunately.)
    For those who aren't, I'll go ahead and touch on the details. This will be a sequel to Rogue Spear and an all new title in the R6 series. The game will use the Unreal 2 (warfare) engine (YES!) and will also use the voice communicator so that you can issue orders to your team. An online component is also planned. No PC version has been announced as of yet (though we all know it is inevitable)
    The second part of the story deals with Ghost Recon and its eventual release on the box too.....
    PC developers are apparently really starting to look at the console market these days. These are games that would have been released for the PC before anything a few years ago. Now this and the new Star Wars RPG are coming to a console first! (excluding Ghost Recon of course)

2. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

The Rainbow Six series is good, but I did have an awful time trying to control the DC version with the gamepad. Since Microsoft is anti-keyboard right now, I hope the controls get worked out for the 'box.

-Dan B

3. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Dan, don't you find the Xbox controller a lot easier with FPS games than the DC controller? I know I sure do.

4. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Ryan, I haven't played a FPS on the Xbox yet.

-Dan

5. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, except for Halo...I must be getting tired. Goodnight.
    -Dan

6. Romier S

Romier S Producer

I think something very unique they can try to implement in R63 is being able to use the Microsoft voice communicator to issue orders to your troops. No more of that 3 button combo crap to get the Alpha team on the move like you had to do on the DC pad.

If they incorporate voice comunication into this one on the offline game as well as the online component this could end up being really interesting.

7. Eric Nees

Eric Nees Agent

Using your voice to command the computer controlled teammates? I'll believe that when I see it. Sure does sound good for multiplayer though.

8. Romier S

Romier S Producer

9. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Voice command?...maybe for CPU generated teammates but for dumbasses who never listens like myself, we can only dream....[​IMG]